Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
dkelly701
dkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Nook
Author Alerts

A couple of years ago I found this great free website that would alert you when an author had a new release. I have not seen anything else like it on the web.

http://www.authoralerts.com/

From my understanding, it used data from Amazon. It would send me an email when a book came out with a hyperlink to the web page on Amazon. I had 20 or so authors in my list. Recently it stopped notifying me and I received an email notifying me the service will no longer be available. Does anyone know of anything like this? If not, some of you with the knowledge to replicate this might find an opportunity. I, for one, would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for this service.
dkelly701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
thats something that would be incredibly handy.

amazon sends me alerts about everything yet lord forbid theyre something useful like this....
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
We apologize, but the Author Alerts website is no longer operating.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Beats browsing through Fantastic Fiction checking manually. Shame it has closed
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If you list series you're following, FictFact will notify you of upcoming books, but I don't think it'll just send you anything by author....
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 04:41 AM   #6
TFeldt
Connoisseur
TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Asus Transformer, Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Beats browsing through Fantastic Fiction checking manually. Shame it has closed
Fantastic fiction used to notify you of new books if you subscribed to author feeds, didn't it? They also stopped doing so a while back but I'm not sure why. Found it extremely handy since I didn't know about authoralerts.
TFeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I use the two book alert sites below:

1) http://www.book-buzzes.com/

2) http://www.newbookalerts.com/newbookalerts/Default.aspx

It takes a bit to set up, but I get e-mail notices for new books. Seems to work quite well for me, YMMV.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
dkelly701
dkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Nook
Thanks for this Marilyn. I looked at both of them. Book-Buzzes seems to be just starting out and you can only choose from a few authors it seems. I moved on to New Book Alerts and it looks much closer to Author Alerts. I registered and it lets me log in but I never received the email it was supposed to send to validate me. I set up some authors and I will give it a few days to see if I receive any notifications.

Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
I use the two book alert sites below:

1) http://www.book-buzzes.com/

2) http://www.newbookalerts.com/newbookalerts/Default.aspx

It takes a bit to set up, but I get e-mail notices for new books. Seems to work quite well for me, YMMV.

Marilyn
dkelly701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #9
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly701 View Post
I registered and it lets me log in but I never received the email it was supposed to send to validate me. I set up some authors and I will give it a few days to see if I receive any notifications.
I had the same issue - with both sites.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #10
alessandro_q
alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kindle 3
Author Alerts posted this message on their facebook page on December 16:

Quote:
Author Alerts is running again (hopefully for good). We've changed hosts and have resolved some of the other problems that brought the site down a while ago, but let us know if you see any issues as we try to iron out the final problems. One feature we added is the ability to filter your alerts on binding (for example, if you don't want to see Kindle releases or only want hardcover alerts). Go to your "Account" page to set this up.
... However, I am unable to make a new account due to "Could not send an e-mail to"
alessandro_q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I just opened a new account.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro_q View Post
Author Alerts posted this message on their facebook page on December 16:

... However, I am unable to make a new account due to "Could not send an e-mail to"
Thank you - just opened an account. Now need to work on getting an allowance of more than 10 authors.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote