Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
krisco013
krisco013 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-300
prs-300 shutting down midbook

I am having a problem with my Sony PRS-300 shutting down midbook. I will flip to the next page at different sections in several books. As soon as I flip the page, the reader will shut off and turn itself on again. Once it is turned back on it will stay on the opening book screen for a while. After that it will bring me to the home page where it will not have any books to continue reading therefore forgetting where I was in my book before. I will try typing in the page number that I was on and it will go back to the opening book page and start me over again. I have tried doing a hard reset and put all of the books back onto the device but I still have this problem. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?
krisco013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
Fortissimo
Connoisseur
Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-650BC)
I've had a similar problem. I opened a book and when I turned a few pages, my reader shutdown. I tried opening that same book and after the same number of pages, my reader shutdown again. Also, as in your case, it had no memory of opening the book and it wasn't available in the continue reading section.
Needless to say, I haven't tried opening that book again. I shall delete it, and download it afresh. Perhaps you have a similar problem. What about the books you've already read on the device? Are you having issues with them too?

Last edited by Fortissimo; 04-17-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Fortissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
krisco013

It has been happening with almost every book I open. I delete old books from my device so I can't check those.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
tennoel
Enthusiast
tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

does it depend on the source? I've had problems with a few free ones from smashwords, but never ones I actually paid for.
tennoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
krisco013

I have had problems with both types. I use Calibre to upload the books to my device. Do you think that could be the problem? I have never had any luck with Sony's software, so I have been using Calibre.
Advert