Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 01:49 AM   #91
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Which device are you asking about and what OS? On a Kindle running Duokan fw/os you press the Menu button and the first option you come across is switching wifi off or on.

But if you are asking about Nook (that is the device listed under your name) then you are in wrong section.
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #92
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by majidbhurgri View Post
Which device are you asking about and what OS? On a Kindle running Duokan fw/os you press the Menu button and the first option you come across is switching wifi off or on.

But if you are asking about Nook (that is the device listed under your name) then you are in wrong section.
My new Kindle 3 came yesterday.
Thanks

Last edited by Lizzie in Ma; 05-21-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #93
Ivan Mann
Ivan Mann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle releases and Duokan

My son installed duokan on his Kindle with release 3.2 and had no problems. I installed it on mine, which says release 3.2.1 and a later build number, and running the Update Your Kindle process got a message that the update failed. Restarting the Kindle did not give any indication of the option for duokan.

Is the release level an issue?

I have not installed any other addons to the Kindle yet, so it is fresh out of the box, except for 50 or 60 books installed.

Alternatively, is there another good way to view PDF's with lots of math symbols?
Ivan Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #94
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Hi, I have the latest (I think: the one that came out in May) English update... Do any of the new updates to Duokan in Chinese allow us to underline in "A" mode or Landscape mode? --That's what kept me from switching to Duokan completely...

@Ivan Mann: It probably isn't. This page provides good info on how to install Duokan

Last edited by mrevent; 05-24-2011 at 12:09 AM.
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #95
metr0man
metr0man is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Wi-Fi
I can't get it to install on my Kindle with 3.2.1... when I restart it, it gives me an error when trying to update. What the hell???
metr0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #96
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Has anyone else noticed that Duokan only does a page flash with every tenth page turn? Amazon should talk to these guys!
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:37 AM   #97
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
It's not that amazon wouldn't know how to do that. The API of the eink driver makes no attempt to hide how this is done. In fact, showing menus, cursor and the dictionary entry snippets make use of this, too. Amazon rather seems to have decided against the artefacts that get left when using this mode. After all, it's a matter of taste. I don't really mind the "flashing" and am quite fond of the crisp look afterwards. YMMV, of course.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #98
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
It's not that amazon wouldn't know how to do that. The API of the eink driver makes no attempt to hide how this is done. In fact, showing menus, cursor and the dictionary entry snippets make use of this, too. Amazon rather seems to have decided against the artefacts that get left when using this mode. After all, it's a matter of taste. I don't really mind the "flashing" and am quite fond of the crisp look afterwards. YMMV, of course.
B&N was making a big deal about the new nook only doing a page flash every 6 page turns.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:45 AM   #99
apastuszak
Evangelist

I want to download the latest Duokan from the Chinese site, but it's downloading at between 2K-4K/second. Is there an alternate link that might be a bit faster? If someone has the file, can they host it somewhere?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #100
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
I want to download the latest Duokan from the Chinese site, but it's downloading at between 2K-4K/second. Is there an alternate link that might be a bit faster? If someone has the file, can they host it somewhere?
You can get it faster here:

http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #101
apastuszak
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
That version is one rev back. I want the latest version. I am having some layout issues with books and and want to see if the version fixes the issue.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #102
karlutxo
karlutxo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2 int
html tags shown in dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
I also install dictionary from xdxf website. The problem is the meaning also displays all the html tags along with it. Is it supposed to be like this?
Same problem. Any tip?
karlutxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:29 AM   #103
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
I have the latest Duokan, with everything set to English.

I have a problem when doing a search , the spacebar does not work, all it does is repeat the last letter type over and over again, I have done a kindle reset, hold power button, but the problem remains.

Thanks for any help

John.
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #104
KecajN
Enthusiast
KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBoox Inkpad 3, Inkpad X
Folders

One of the most anticipated features of Duokan is (in my eyes) support for folders. Current release supports folders but they are listed in random order. Is there any way to get the folder list sorted alphabetically?
KecajN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #105
Kelly.Singh
Kelly.Singh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
I just installed 3.2 on my KindleDx..and then I tried Duokan... I always encountered thus U007 error....and the update was never successful...I've done this like 10 times...but to no avail...
I have copied the DK_files...to the root directory and also the "Update_DK_dx" file to the root directory...
I really want to get my hands on this Doukan OS...any help would be really appreciated :/
Kelly.Singh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle