Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Amazon CS - people or BOTS

an amzon question, not a fire tablet question as such:
I have for weeks been askgin them to fix missing captions on some shows
& I ahve a huge collection of IDENTICAL replise, like this.
ar these bots, or mornoic cut and pastes. how do I cut through / escalate as I have dozens of these over 5 weeks, all relating to the same topis:

"I'd like to advise that your query is still being investigated.

I’ve followed this up with the technical team to update us with a resolution as soon as possible.

Please accept my apologies for this delay. Although we try to complete our research within 1 to 2 business days, sometimes it may take slightly longer. Please be assured that we shall contact you shortly with further information.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in this matter. "

from a variety of bots?. some have appeared multiple times . the cast includes..

Warmest regards,
Huwaida H.

Warmest regards,
Joseph GS

Warmest regards,
Neelima

Warmest regards,
Uma R

Warmest regards,
Ahmed J.

Warmest regards,
Raja vinothini.D

Warmest regards,
Sarin S
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
In other words,
We looked into this and there is nothing we can do at the moment. We will contact you if anything changes.
How to escalate: use the call feature if you are in the US. I am assuming you are emailing.

Silly question: are you asking the same question?
If yes, then expect same answer.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PS - so I wrote to CS reply asking why "do I keep getting these identical responses and is anyone actually reading what i write."

I get back.... guess...

another identical one

with warmest regards

my question here is - are these automatically generated robo replies. as that is what it looks like?

I could use the call me option ( in UK) but past experience of using that is that someone will listen and appear to take notes but nothing will actually happen, and that any call, like any email goes to some randomly selected bod who has not read the history - there is no continuity- no way to follow up.

It's the deception that annoys, if they owned up and said" yes, we are missing a bunch of captions - live with it", then maybe I would but the constant assurances that "We are looking into it" is what grates.

I am re-raising the same issue yes, that in The Great Courses channel there are many show listed as " with captions" where some the cations are missing. I've told them exactly to check - you go to the amazon page for each course, scroll down the episodes list and you see that some have "cc" some don't. it is strange that only some are not missing- that suggests sloppy set up rather than unavailabe, but I've been banging on about it for weeks and am getting nowhere
Is it not a device issue, as proved by checking the web page listings and by trying different devices to view.

Last edited by stumped; 07-04-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't email Amazon CS. I call and speak to someone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard

One advantage of mail is that you can include specific url links to supporting evidence at their Web site.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/de...&pf_rd_t=12806
Which is not something you'd want to dictate over the phone
That is a course detail, page proving that some episodes have no captions.

Another is that it creates an evidence trail for the summary email to Jeff at amazon, which will be the next step.
I have not found calling to be any more effective than mail. You still get a random unconvincingly over friendly 1st line cs who has not read the case notes, maybe with an incomprehensible accent also. Maybe the usa experience is better. I don't think the UK site has cs based in my country.

Last edited by stumped; 07-04-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
One advantage of mail is that you can include specific url links to supporting evidence at their Web site.

Another is that it creates an evidence trail for the summary email to Jeff at amazon, which will be the next step.
I have not found calling to be any more effective than mail. You still get a random unconvincingly over friendly 1st line cs who has not read the case notes, maybe with an incomprehensible accent also. Maybe the usa experience is better. I don't think the UK site has cs based in my country.
All I can say is good luck.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #7
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post

I use and recommend the online chat since it allows both pasting in URLs and other evidence and provides a transcript afterwards.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard

thanks - did not know about the cut and paste.

PS not sure if it is still possible to email Jeff Bezos,to escalate.

Based on an old aarticle, I sent a message to jeff@amazon.com but nothing happened ?

anyone know if / how that can be done nowadays ?
Old 07-22-2017, 12:29 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Fire tablet has screen sharing feature (at least in US). If you initiate the call from the Fire (call me option), you can show them the problem in real time. Assuming it is a problem you are having on the Fire.

I only email with suggestions, not problems. Or problems I don't expect a quick solution for.

I have had horrible chat sessions with Amazon CS. I'd rather talk, you get their full attention that way (the chat people are multitasking).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote