Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 03:07 AM   #901
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I think I'll call it Joe.
Not 'Bob'?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:32 PM   #902
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's 2.0.1, not 2.01. Please get it right so others don't go looking for the wrong version.
Sorry JSWolf... I've got too many software packages to keep track of to remember on top of my head if a particular version number is 2.0.1 or 2.01 or whatever. Even if you just type "Adobe Digital Editions 2" in Google, without the quotes, the correct download page will come up.

Here: LINK

Download 2.0.1, and archive it somewhere in case Adobe takes it offline. (And even then, other sites will probably have archived it, but it's best to be sure.)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:28 AM   #903
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Apprentices Alf & Harper have released a new version (6.5.4). Looks like a minor update:

Quote:
This update fixes a problem with the PDF decryption where the PDF includes very precise (more than 8 or so) decimal places.

It attempts to fix a problem with the Macintosh App and folder creation.

It has a minor update to the obok script for stand-alone use.

It updates various version numbers and copyright dates, and has some FAQ changes.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:59 PM   #904
mareli
mareli began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs650
Hello, sorry to bother. I need a bit of help here. The link you posted on page 1 seems to have just plugin for mac. Even the file called "DeDRM_Windows_Application" has is its description "Kindlekey fix for complex mac disk setups". I have a windows pc and so I'm wondering if I can use it. Thank you for any help
mareli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #905
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareli View Post
Hello, sorry to bother. I need a bit of help here. The link you posted on page 1 seems to have just plugin for mac. Even the file called "DeDRM_Windows_Application" has is its description "Kindlekey fix for complex mac disk setups". I have a windows pc and so I'm wondering if I can use it. Thank you for any help
The "descriptions" for files in a Github repository are merely the description for the last commit which affected that particular file/folder. They have little (if anything) to do with the purpose/content of the files themselves. You need to look for the "Releases" page of the repository to find the downloads you're looking for.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #906
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
or just go to the very first link - Alf's Blog and the download link is right there.
Read and follow the directions/information.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #907
mareli
mareli began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs650
Thank you for your replies. I just went to Alf's Blog but still I got the same link and I cannot understand if the windows plugin it's good or not. Has anyone of you already installed on windows? Thanks for help
mareli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #908
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sigh. OK, I've made the link in the first post point to the releases page.

https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...tools/releases

If you need any more help, please ask at the blog or at github. Detailed help with DRM removal is not permitted here.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:40 AM   #909
apprenticeharper
Apprentices Against DRM
apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Laptop
I'd like some feedback on a (post-6.5.4) update that should fix a problem the tools had with accented Windows user names and Kindle for PC. I've only put it in the plugin so far, so if you use the plugin, and are willing to try it out, please download the new version from github..

Feedback at the github issue, not here please.

Only Windows users should see any difference, and then only if their user name has accented characters in it and on books downloaded using Kindle for PC. However, it would be good to have feedback from other users to make sure nothing's broken.

Thanks.
apprenticeharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #910
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apprenticeharper View Post
I'd like some feedback on a (post-6.5.4) update that should fix a problem the tools had with accented Windows user names and Kindle for PC. I've only put it in the plugin so far, so if you use the plugin, and are willing to try it out, please download the new version from github..

Feedback at the github issue, not here please.

Only Windows users should see any difference, and then only if their user name has accented characters in it and on books downloaded using Kindle for PC. However, it would be good to have feedback from other users to make sure nothing's broken.

Thanks.
It worked fine for me on Kindle for Mac. I don't have Calibre setup on Windows.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #911
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Curious, is there a tools problem with the latest K4PC? In particular KFX. Do the tools work on KFX?

I'm still using 1.17.1, but I refer to versions later than say 1.19.

At this point I'm just inquiring.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 09-22-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #912
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Curious, is there a tools problem with the latest K4PC? In particular KFX. Do the tools work on KFX?

I'm still using 1.17.1, but I refer to versions later than say 1.19.

At this point I'm just inquiring.
There is a way to fix the newer K4PC so you won't end up with KFX. See the following thread and go for method 2. It does work. One of the computers here has some version 1.20 and it does not end up with KFX.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #913
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
To answer the question: to my knowledge, no, the tools do not work with KFX. Everything else is a lesson in how to avoid getting a KFX kindlebook in the first place. None of which involves the tools themselves.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #914
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Yeah I went back to v1.17 (from a link here) and now I can buy books at Amazon again.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #915
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
To answer the question: to my knowledge, no, the tools do not work with KFX. Everything else is a lesson in how to avoid getting a KFX kindlebook in the first place. None of which involves the tools themselves.
Thanks

Out of curiosity, are you, (or anyone else), aware if it's being worked on?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote