Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 05:30 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Reviews of Librivox recordings

Possibly my naivete is showing in that I never knew such things existed, but I was happy to stumble across this blog:
https://alex.orsomething.co.uk/about/
(now abandoned)

Reviews of a number of Librivox recordings, rating on Accuracy, Spirit, Technical, and Source Material.

Are there other blogs or review sites out there that review free/public domain audiobooks?

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 03-20-2017 at 05:42 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Nice find, Granny.

I don't have another site in mind, but you jogged my memory about an old thread here, whose purpose was to cite the cream of the LibriVox narrators. It would be nice to see it revived again, especially as some in passing will mention a quality recording they've enjoyed, but that kind of post rapidly falls off the radar.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:05 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
How strange that one year later, I find another site with reviews of Librivox readings.

http://librivox.bookdesign.biz/

They have a sizeable collection of Librivox books, with reviews for most (if not all -- I have not inspected the entire library)

CAVEAT: it seems the only way you can download the readings from this site, is one chapter at a time ---- right-click and "save target as" will save the mp3 file. There is no option to download entire books. And be very careful about "download" buttons that are really attached to advertisements.

Otherwise, a very handy site. Hope you might find it useful too.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote