Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
akira28
Nameless Being

V. 0.7.4 not working in Snow Leopard.

Would you (the developer) please consider making this available on Mac OS 10.6? Many of us remain with this OS because we have found the later versions substandard.

Many Thanks.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
As John has stated several times, he will not support Snow Leopard for the 0.7.x versions.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
As John has stated several times, he will not support Snow Leopard for the 0.7.x versions.
Does this mean that Andoid is also out??
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Does this mean that Andoid is also out??
ROFL! There goes my dream of producing epubs on my Galaxy S4. Darn.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Would you (the developer) please consider making this available on Mac OS 10.6? Many of us remain with this OS because we have found the later versions substandard.

Many Thanks.
[sarcasm]
Oh, go ahead. Swallow the blue pill and do the upgrades. Turn your iMac into a great big iPhone! [/sarcasm]

Actually, I've gone as far as Lion, and it ain't so bad. Don't know if I'll go further, however. And if all else fails (somewhere down the road) the intel-based Apple hardware runs linux very well. (And to a lesser extent so does the PPC based hardware.)
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
[sarcasm]
Oh, go ahead. Swallow the blue pill and do the upgrades. Turn your iMac into a great big iPhone! [/sarcasm]

Actually, I've gone as far as Lion, and it ain't so bad. Don't know if I'll go further, however. And if all else fails (somewhere down the road) the intel-based Apple hardware runs linux very well. (And to a lesser extent so does the PPC based hardware.)
Let's not forget all the application upgrades (read $$$) one is forced to do sometimes when doing OS "upgrades". And then the loss of applications that only work with Rosetta which was dropped after SL?

This is surprising, really, since the Windows version of Sigil seems to support XP which came out in 2001. Oh, well, I guess I will have to fire up my XP VM to run this app.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Let's not forget all the application upgrades (read $$$) one is forced to do sometimes when doing OS "upgrades". And then the loss of applications that only work with Rosetta which was dropped after SL?

This is surprising, really, since the Windows version of Sigil seems to support XP which came out in 2001. Oh, well, I guess I will have to fire up my XP VM to run this app.
Sigil only runs on XP if the CPU has SSE. (I own 1 AMD system which I built up, that started with the just released, XP SP1 that CAN NOT run Sigil).

I finially scrapped my PII-400 because it would not even run (turtles were faster) Ubuntu 9.04.

There comes a point when you need to say: "I simply need to upgrade my 'X' or give up on running the latest 'S' "
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It's not like developer wanted to purposely drop support for older systems. Sigil is built using a fair amount of underlying software and when it gets upgraded, he didn't have much choice since he did not want to create multiple streams of the same software.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The source is available and with some limitations I am sure it could be built. 0.7.3 was.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Do you absolutely need the features in 0.7.x? I'm still on 0.6.x (since I install from Mac ports) and it does everything I need.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote