Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #946
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't use this program to enable night mode, but I just tried Nickelmenu and it works with 4.25.x on the original H2O.
Which is a statement that has nothing to do with the question, my response, or for that matter, this thread at all.

There are reasons to use the hack this thread is about. And NickelMenu is not a substitute for them (just as there is for KSM). When the hack stops working, then people will need to look at alternatives, or fix the code so it works again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:42 AM   #947
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Night Mode hack is working smoothly on my Kobo Glo just updated to FW 4.28.18220.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #948
kleber souza
kleber souza began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Night Mode hack is working smoothly on my Kobo Glo just updated to FW 4.28.18220.
how didi you do? I already tried to istall the file in .kobo but not work, I also modified the file nightmode.ini nothing happened.
kleber souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:01 PM   #949
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber souza View Post
how didi you do? I already tried to istall the file in .kobo but not work, I also modified the file nightmode.ini nothing happened.

Use this version of the hack:

https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz

Copy the file Koboroot.tgz to your .kobo directory on the device.
safely eject the device. Wait for a minute, the system will modify itself. Once done, use long press light button to enter dark mode and exit.
Old 12-29-2021, 07:23 AM   #950
drjd
The Couch Potato

Night Mode working well with FW version 4.30.18838.
Advert
Old 01-15-2022, 08:48 AM   #951
Epubje10
Epubje10 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Clara HD 4.28.18406

Hello everyone, I've tried to install the night mode-Fmon . It works until i touch
the screen. Then everthing is normal again.

Clara hd 4.28.18406

Last edited by Epubje10; 01-15-2022 at 08:51 AM.
Epubje10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 09:07 AM   #952
deb10042
deb10042 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
I updated my Kobo Glo to 4.33.19608 and installed the night mode hack.
Now, i found, that the reader, when in night mode, refreshes the pages for each single page, even if I set the refresh rate to e.g. "6".

It seems that the selected refresh rate only works for day mode, but in night mode it is always "1".

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
deb10042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 04:42 AM   #953
KJB
KJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Did you check the setting Refreshscreenpages in nightmode.ini on your Kobo?
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 06:16 AM   #954
deb10042

Yes, I did.
It was originally set to "1" and I changed it to "6" ... with no effect.
Old 04-22-2023, 06:07 AM   #955
KJB
KJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Did you restart your Kobo (perhaps again) and check the ini?
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 06:17 AM   #956
deb10042

I now made a factory reset. Then upgraded to firmware 3.19.5761.
With this version, night mode works good.
So, it might perhaps be a problem with other/newer firmware versions.
Old 05-03-2023, 05:58 PM   #957
najim
najim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
what about kobo glo HD
najim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 09:47 PM   #958
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by najim View Post
what about kobo glo HD
Why not be a wild-eyed experimentalist and give it a try for yourself. Don't forget to report back on your experience.

Personally, I've used the Nightmode hack in the past and currently use Dark Mode and/or Invert screen using NickelMenu. NickelMenu is, IMNSHO, a smoother experience since it does not require me to press the Home/Light button which no longer exists on my in-use Kobo ereaders. Instead I get the choice of juggling the light level to trigger night mode. This takes more clicks than NickelMenu and definitely more time even with the delay set to 4 seconds.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:57 AM   #959
deb10042

Quote:
Originally Posted by najim View Post
what about kobo glo HD
I do not own a Glo HD, but only the "normal" version (without HD).
On my other device, an Aura HD, the night mode also works good with firmware 3.19.5761.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:23 PM   #960
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb10042 View Post
I do not own a Glo HD, but only the "normal" version (without HD).
On my other device, an Aura HD, the night mode also works good with firmware 3.19.5761.
Running 8 year old firmware is not what most people do. Not to mention that recent changes in the PCI DSS standards are going to leave your devices incapable of connecting to Kobo's servers over a network connection.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch