Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 05:15 AM   #211
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I own the Maven II and it's such a crappy phone you are not missing out on anything. I had a Maven I before that and while it wasn't as bad as the II... I can't see any Maven being worth the $8. The view angle on the II is horrible. The sound is horrible. I have nothing good to say about it. The battery life isn't good either.

Sent from my XT1528
I think I ordered one anyway. Best Buy is messed up right now. All I planned to use it for was a cheap audio player I can leave in the car.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:23 AM   #212
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Best Buy.....I had several items in my cart, went to check out ALL of the items VANISHED! I tried 5 times before I gave up.

Walmart ad I have yet to even see past the 1st page! I no clue what going to happen or whats on sale!

Local paper said the Thanksgiving paper With all the BF ads will be del between 4-5 pm my son stayed 2 hours at 2 different stores Neither store got the paper with the ads!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 11-23-2017 at 05:27 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2017, 05:31 AM   #213
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I think I ordered one anyway. Best Buy is messed up right now. All I planned to use it for was a cheap audio player I can leave in the car.
You will need a SD card because space is taken up by AT&T apps and they can't be disabled. The II has less 1GB available for apps after all of system apps. The III is supposed to have a little more space available.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:34 AM   #214
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post

Local paper said the Thanksgiving paper With all the BF ads will be del between 4-5 pm my son stayed 2 hours at 2 different stores Neither store got the paper with the ads!
Flipp app has all the BF Ads available.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:02 AM   #215
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Quote:
Best Buy.....I had several items in my cart, went to check out ALL of the items VANISHED! I tried 5 times before I gave up.
I was able to checkout having to add my address to each item individually

After an hour and multiple attempts I was able to add the "guest order" to my account. So now it shows when I log in.

Also, they didn't list any tax at first. There was a message their tax calculator was down, but not in the email confirmation it sent me (which showed no tax). Only when I entered the order number, etc to check on the status. First it said they couldn't calculate the tax but I would be charged tax. Then later it said the tax had been corrected.

This is the first time I've had issues with their site during holiday shopping. Hopefully they get things straightened out.

I would have waited to order, but didn't on the off chance they would sell out of my GPS (doubtful I know, but if I'd waited with my luck they would have.)

Also, after complaining about his phone almost every time I saw my dad this year, he told me it was fine and not to bother buying him a new one. Whatever!

Last edited by library addict; 11-23-2017 at 06:05 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #216
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The ZTE Maven experience from here: My sister who is visiting from Philadelphia tried to buy one, from my home internet (obviously) and have it shipped here (no sales tax) and used a credit card registered to this address, which she maintains because she does a lot of shipping here for that reason, especially at holiday times when she's visiting anyway. Nope, in-store pickup only; so it cost her a total $10.12 to have it shipped to Philly because of a combination of sales tax and 911 fee. Within the half hour of her purchase I figured I'd take a look; free ship to my house, no taxes, no fees, no problem. I cannot come up with an explanation.

In other Best Buy issues, I found the web site wouldn't load to my tablet but I had no problems once I hauled out my laptop and several other purchases were straightforward. My only other issue was with Chase, which apparently didn't like the piddly $7.99 transaction, which was a separate purchase, and declined it. No harm done and I'd rather they monitor these transactions closely.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #217
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Amazon has $5 off a $20 print book purchase.

Terms and Conditions
1. Enter promo code GIFTBOOK17 at checkout to qualify.

2. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) November 26, 2017.

3. Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (look for "sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fullfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible."

4. Offer does not apply to digital content.

5. Offer good while supplies last.

6. Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.

7. Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.

8. Offer limited to one per customer and account.

9. Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.

10. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.

11. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

12. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

13. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.

14. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.

15. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

16. Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sho...AE3YTJ4SATKV7C
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #218
bluesapphires2k
Connoisseur
bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch, kindle paperwhite, kobo aura (ed 2)
Alcatel unlocked smartphone deals at Amazon valid 11/23/17 (12:01 am PST) – 11/27/17 (11:59 pm PST).

Alcatel Idol 5s - 32 GB is $199.99, $80 off

Alcatel A30 - 16 GB is $59.99, $40 off

I brought the Idol 5s about 5 months ago as an upgrade to the Idol 3. My biggest complaint is the screen's a bit curved so glass protectors don't fit along the edges and there weren't many case options. The phone otherwise has been good.
bluesapphires2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #219
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
With purchase of an Echo or Dot at Amazon, you can add a TP-Link smart plug for only $5.

Quote:
  • Add a TP-Link HS100 Smart Plug to your Echo device order for just $5.00. YOUR DISCOUNT WILL ONLY BE APPLIED AT CHECKOUT.
  • Pair with your Echo device to voice-control any device connected to the Smart Plug.
  • Offer is limited to 1 Smart Plug per Echo device order.
  • Limited-time offer ends 11/27 at 11:59 PM PST.
That decided me to buy a second Dot--the smart plug otherwise is $27.30, and I wanted to try one, so for me it's like I'm getting the second Dot for $8.

Last edited by Catlady; 11-23-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #220
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Treat Yourself Sale 2017 at Audible http://www.audible.com/mt/2017TYSS_A...ORWS1121179M42

Hope that link worked. If this has already been mentioned my apologies.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #221
gribley
gribley began at the beginning.

Device: KPW & more
Thanks all (and especially tubemonkey) for the great info in this thread.

FYI, Amazon has refurbished Kindles for an even better price -- not advertised as a BF sale, but I think the pricing is tracking the BF new prices. The refurb Kindles are $39, $79, and $119 for the basic, PW, and Voyage respectively.

My kindle is semi-fried and I'm trying to decide whether to get a replacement PW, or spring for the Voyage, which seems like $50 more than is strictly necessary :-)
gribley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #222
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Anyone else having an issue checking out at Best Buy?
Yes! It took me at least 10 attempts to complete the checkout process late last night. I was ready to give up when it finally went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Also, they didn't list any tax at first. There was a message their tax calculator was down, but not in the email confirmation it sent me (which showed no tax). Only when I entered the order number, etc to check on the status. First it said they couldn't calculate the tax but I would be charged tax. Then later it said the tax had been corrected.
Thanks for mentioning this. I wasn't charged tax either, which I thought was peculiar. I didn't see any message about the tax calculator being down. I just checked my order status and it does show tax added now.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #223
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
BF price good for Nook GL3 onsite

Couldn't pass it up - the BF $99.99 price for the Nook GL3 is available on their site today, plus covers are $14.99 down from $20
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #224
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Now 100% broke! Even Maxed out my Credit card Had to leave $60 of BF things behind ...ugh BUT

I did order 2 phones from Best Buy they were $60 both & 39" Element TV at Walmart $125

QUESTION: Will this phone work with T-Mobile? IF Not which pay as you go service Does it work with??

SIMPLE Mobile Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Prepaid Cell Phone Black
Model: SMSAS337TG3P5P
SKU: 5948513
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #225
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Now 100% broke! Even Maxed out my Credit card Had to leave $60 of BF things behind ...ugh BUT

I did order 2 phones from Best Buy they were $60 both & 39" Element TV at Walmart $125

QUESTION: Will this phone work with T-Mobile? IF Not which pay as you go service Does it work with??

SIMPLE Mobile Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Prepaid Cell Phone Black
Model: SMSAS337TG3P5P
SKU: 5948513
Simple Mobile (using T-Mobile towers) is the only service they are meant to work with. There may be some complicated way to get them working on TracFone.

I think there's still an Amazon Prime member discount on Simple Mobile, but I can't get the page to load right now.

Finally found the working link https://shop.simplemobile.com/amazon

Last edited by Alohamora; 11-23-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote