Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
Chris_77
Chris_77 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Aura H2O
Acces to folder /ebrmain/bin

Hello everyone,

I need to see something on to folder /ebrmain/bin but when I connect my reader to my computer I can't see that folder.

Anyone can help me ?

I've got a Touch Lux 3 under firmware v5.7 and I run under Mac OS X but I've got VM on debian and windows too.

Thanks ^^
Chris_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_77 View Post
Hello everyone,

I need to see something on to folder /ebrmain/bin but when I connect my reader to my computer I can't see that folder.

Anyone can help me ?

I've got a Touch Lux 3 under firmware v5.7 and I run under Mac OS X but I've got VM on debian and windows too.

Thanks ^^
That directory isn't exported via USB. You have to either get a shell working on the device (using either pbterm on the device or utelnetd over WiFi) and copy the file to the directories available over USB (/mnt/ext1 is where the internal memory is, and /mnt/ext2 is where the SD card is). Or you can install pbsshd on the device and get the files to your desktop via ssh.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
Chris_77
Chris_77 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Aura H2O
Ah yes i've installed pbterm and it works fine.

Thank you ^^
Chris_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:19 PM   #4
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
How do I install pbterm on a mac?

I'd like to edit my 'lock/off" screen of my pocketbook touch lux 3 also..

Quote:
off_W626.bmp.lnk
<< is a file i belive I want to edit in photoshop

but i see that file (when opend as text) has this in it

Quote:
L\\localhost\ebrmain\logo2\off_W626.bmp.XD4/ebrmain/logo2/off_W626.bmp.XD4

Seems like the lockscreen is a bmp photo

Last edited by anonymust; 09-22-2019 at 06:22 PM.
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
pbterm is installed on the device, and gives you an interactive shell that you use from its screen. If you want something that gives you shell access from your Mac, then you should probably install utelnetd on the device and telnet to it from your computer.

Even so, it looks like that bitmap file might be a link (.lnk suffix). On my older 623, the off logo is in /system/logo/off_623_W.bmp, which you can access using UMS. Are you sure that your bitmap isn't somewhere around there, too?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert