Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 06:50 AM   #181
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Be careful, I did the web steps and lost all of my current bookmarks in Silk.

Just a word of caution
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #182
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
Be careful, I did the web steps and lost all of my current bookmarks in Silk.

Just a word of caution

Even clearing App Data may have some unintended consequences depending on the App (e.g. loss of files, settings, accounts, databases and so on). For example if you Clear Data in Documents to Go the next time you launch it you will be greeted by the registration screen, and Recent Files will be blank. Of course for most Apps this really doesn't matter. Unfortunately, until Amazon releases a software update to better address this issue this is what we are stuck with.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-26-2011 at 11:53 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #183
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How do I take advantage of the one month free Prime Membership? Do I have to sign-up somewhere?

By the way, so far so good with what I've been trying with the KF. I think it is growing on me already and I've only owned it since yesterday.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #184
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
How do I take advantage of the one month free Prime Membership? Do I have to sign-up somewhere?

By the way, so far so good with what I've been trying with the KF. I think it is growing on me already and I've only owned it since yesterday.
Go here

I am so enjoying my free trial that came with my Kindle Fire!

So far I have bought the Harry Potter DVD Set and 10 other DVDs and a few books and haven't had to pay shipping once. You get free standard or two day shipping with Prime. It's great! The movies are okay but the shipping part of Prime is perfect for this time of the year!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #185
kdoc
Enthusiast
kdoc began at the beginning.

Prime

He/she asked a good question: do we sign up for Prime or is it automatic for the first month?

kdoc
kdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #186
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoc View Post
He/she asked a good question: do we sign up for Prime or is it automatic for the first month?

kdoc
When you register your Fire the trial started.

Non Fire users have to sign up for one but it's automatic with the Kindle Fire.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #187
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
When you register your Fire the trial started.

Non Fire users have to sign up for one but it's automatic with the Kindle Fire.
I don't seem to remember when I registered that it said anything about the free one month membership but maybe I was so interested in getting started with the device that I just missed it.

I understand streaming is free, right? If so, that is what I'll try first. As far as getting free shipping, I don't know how much I'll be buying in the next month. But with the holidays approaching, I may be inclined to purchase through Amazon instead of elsewhere.

And I am a "he".
Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #188
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
When I registered my Fire I saw that Amazon gave 30 days, from date of Fire purchase, of Prime.
I used it today and did not do a thing. When making my purchase it showed the Prime free shipping automatically.
Easy peasy and saved a few bucks...woohoo...
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #189
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I don't seem to remember when I registered that it said anything about the free one month membership but maybe I was so interested in getting started with the device that I just missed it.

I understand streaming is free, right? If so, that is what I'll try first. As far as getting free shipping, I don't know how much I'll be buying in the next month. But with the holidays approaching, I may be inclined to purchase through Amazon instead of elsewhere.

And I am a "he".
It never said anything to me about the trial. It's just I visit the site daily and I noticed the Amazon logo now said Amazon Prime on it. That's when I knew it was activated automatically.

When I went into my account there was a manage Prime membership option and it said it started 16th which is the day I activated my Fire.

I thought I wouldn't use it much. I played with the free streaming Videos on the Fire and loaned the one book I was entitled to but when Black Friday came! I went hog wild! I mean $5 DVDs on popular movies with no tax and two day shipping free. I couldn't resist them for hubby.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #190
tkdjr1186
tkdjr1186 began at the beginning.

ok so i have wi fi file explorer pro downloaded. How do i get my books on my computer onto my kindle without using USB, what folder do they go in?
tkdjr1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #191
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Go here

I am so enjoying my free trial that came with my Kindle Fire!

So far I have bought the Harry Potter DVD Set and 10 other DVDs and a few books and haven't had to pay shipping once. You get free standard or two day shipping with Prime. It's great! The movies are okay but the shipping part of Prime is perfect for this time of the year!
I went to the link you provided and sure enough it shows me as trial member and the expiration date.

Tomorrow is cyberspace Monday. Woe is me and my wallet.

Thank you (I think).
Old 11-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #192
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
It never said anything to me about the trial. It's just I visit the site daily and I noticed the Amazon logo now said Amazon Prime on it. That's when I knew it was activated automatically..
I've had prime for years. I tried to get off it last year and only lasted a month or so before joining again.

Watch out for the automatic renewal. There is a "manage prime membership" button under your account. In there you can choose whether you want automatic renewal. I believe it's always ON by default.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #193
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Prime is addictive. I've had it for many years. It's also fascinating because in many cases the Amazon price isn't really very good but factor in Prime shipping and One-Click convenience and it beats saving, say, $3 by shopping around.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #194
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
I've scanned this thread and didn't see this mentioned, so apologize if I'm repeating. Just something I've noticed on my KF that when charging the battery the light turns green before it is actually fully charged. I've checked and it has only been charged to 90% or thereabouts. Just something to keep in mind. I just keep charging it for another 30 minutes or so to get a full charge.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #195
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
I've scanned this thread and didn't see this mentioned, so apologize if I'm repeating. Just something I've noticed on my KF that when charging the battery the light turns green before it is actually fully charged. I've checked and it has only been charged to 90% or thereabouts. Just something to keep in mind. I just keep charging it for another 30 minutes or so to get a full charge.
Certainly worth mentioning again. No problem. Initially I would unplug it when given the green, but now I check first. Often it hasn't topped off yet.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote