Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #76
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
Would the 7th Gen Paperwhite firmware also apply to the Manga edition Kindle? Other than a serious bug, the only other explanation I can think of would be to make room on a Manga edition to download Manga files since they can be large like audiobooks.
The two PW3 builds where combined sometime last spring.
There is only one "PW3 firmware update" - handles both PW3-4 and PW3-32.
Check the device's support page, only one update file listed and no mention that it is only for one model or the other.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:52 PM   #77
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Storage "new option" PW3 fm 5.9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The two PW3 builds where combined sometime last spring.
There is only one "PW3 firmware update" - handles both PW3-4 and PW3-32.
Check the device's support page, only one update file listed and no mention that it is only for one model or the other.

Hello knc1, the "Storage new option" for PW3 on firmware update 5.9.2, asks you first to uninstall (delete) personally (usb side loaded) books?

Or it automatically deletes all your personal side loaded books ?, when you install update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.9.2.bin file??

Thanks in advance
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:54 PM   #78
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Upgrading the firmware certainly does not delete any content.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #79
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Does anyone here have the problem that whenever a file downloads to the Kindle, the “file downloaded” notification stays at the top indefinitely (and can only be purged by resetting the device). Noticed that behavior on my KO2.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #80
ntamas
Zealot
ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ntamas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3 + Kindle keyboard
This doesn't happen on PW3 at all.
ntamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:33 AM   #81
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
FYI- Pre-fab FONT_RAMP file for 300 dpi screens (PW3 and up)... for middle aged eyes . Removed smallest values and highest values and spread out the rest in smaller steps in the middle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FONT_RAMP.zip (202 Bytes, 154 views)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:16 AM   #82
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Does anyone here have the problem that whenever a file downloads to the Kindle, the “file downloaded” notification stays at the top indefinitely (and can only be purged by resetting the device). Noticed that behavior on my KO2.
I get that too.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:38 AM   #83
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Johhnyb and Josieb1,

Do you two also notice battery issues when wifgi is left on? I'm wondering if the Oasis is having trouble syncing or contacting Amazons servers and so retries which consumed battery too quickly.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:56 PM   #84
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Johhnyb and Josieb1,

Do you two also notice battery issues when wifgi is left on? I'm wondering if the Oasis is having trouble syncing or contacting Amazons servers and so retries which consumed battery too quickly.
It seems to me that it drains rather quickly when idle, not like for example on the Paperwhite that you could pick up after two weeks with Wifi on and still get a read out of it...
Old 11-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #85
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
I do have this issue on my KO2. Does not happen on the Voyage. I arranged for a swap due to this.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:34 AM   #86
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
I do have this issue on my KO2. Does not happen on the Voyage. I arranged for a swap due to this.
Not a problem I've noticed. I get the "File downloaded" message, and it goes away once the library has refreshed.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #87
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not a problem I've noticed. I get the "File downloaded" message, and it goes away once the library has refreshed.
Interesting. Is the library refresh something that can be triggered?
Old 11-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #88
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Interesting. Is the library refresh something that can be triggered?
No, it should just happen automatically when new books are added. You can force it to happen by rebooting the Kindle, which I think you said is exactly the way you've been doing it yourself?

I don't know why it's not happening by itself, though. It should do, and it does on my device.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #89
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, it should just happen automatically when new books are added. You can force it to happen by rebooting the Kindle, which I think you said is exactly the way you've been doing it yourself?

I don't know why it's not happening by itself, though. It should do, and it does on my device.
Hmm, I guess that is the problem then, perhaps, although I cannot see why it would occur on some but not all new Oasis devices. I may misinterpret a random coincidence but I first noticed that behavior after some trouble connecting to a semi-public login screen protected Wifi.
Maybe I'll try a factory reset and see if that helps.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:55 AM   #90
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Hmm, I guess that is the problem then, perhaps, although I cannot see why it would occur on some but not all new Oasis devices. I may misinterpret a random coincidence but I first noticed that behavior after some trouble connecting to a semi-public login screen protected Wifi.
Maybe I'll try a factory reset and see if that helps.
Received my replacement and before updating I sideloaded a book to test this and it did NOT happen. I have since updated to 5.9.2 and so far I am not seeing this happen on the new unit. Very odd indeed that it would happen on some and not all units.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote