Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 08:55 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by iostrym View Post
Hi all, I have the feeling the nothing change on this bug, right ? No firmware update and link still don't work. Even with a small epub file of 20kb. Is there a safe and easy procedure to downgrade on a previous firmware with download working ?
From my testing, the issues with downloading using the browser were fixed with firmware 4.6.9960. I didn't test every site in the world, but all my test cases worked with no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:18 AM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hi all, I have the feeling the nothing change on this bug, right ? No firmware update and link still don't work. Even with a small epub file of 20kb. Is there a safe and easy procedure to downgrade on a previous firmware with download working ?
Just to check, I went to Gutenberg.org and downloaded War and Peace (epub with images, 1.3MB). Downloaded and opened without issue. 3 chapters later, I was reminded why I've only read it once. Firmware revision is 4.6.10075.

Which site are you trying to download from?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:07 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Just to check, I went to Gutenberg.org and downloaded War and Peace (epub with images, 1.3MB). Downloaded and opened without issue. 3 chapters later, I was reminded why I've only read it once. Firmware revision is 4.6.10075.
PG is one of my tests sites. But, I just go to home page and download one of the books listed. Which means a different book each time which is good for testing. And so far I've had zero luck in actually seeing a book there that I would be remotely interested in reading.

And your one up on me with War and Peace. I feel like I should read it, but, then I decide I'll read something I think I'll enjoy.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:26 AM   #19
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
FWIW, I just successfully downloaded an 8.22MB epub from the MR library. Latest FW 4.6.10075.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:50 AM   #20
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
FWIW, I just successfully downloaded an 8.22MB epub from the MR library. Latest FW 4.6.10075.
Sorry, what's the MR library? (Google didn't help.)

edit--Oh wait, MobileRead, right?

For any English speakers sitting on the War and Peace fence, consider that there are a variety of translations to choose from, (albeit outside the joys of Project Gutenberg). You may find one suitable to your taste and background. For example, if you're reading only for the sake of a rousing good story, try the translation by Anthony Briggs.

Some more insights here:
Code:
http://ospidillo-blog.blogspot.ca/2011/02/which-translation-of-war-and-peace.html

Last edited by k9reeder; 11-23-2017 at 07:58 AM. Reason: answered my own question...
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:57 AM   #21
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post
Hint; check your current URL.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=132
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:01 AM   #22
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
My edit wasn't fast enough! But thanks.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post

edit--Oh wait, MobileRead, right?

For any English speakers sitting on the War and Peace fence, consider that there are a variety of translations to choose from, (albeit outside the joys of Project Gutenberg). You may find one suitable to your taste and background. For example, if you're reading only for the sake of a rousing good story, try the translation by Anthony Briggs.

Some more insights here:
Code:
http://ospidillo-blog.blogspot.ca/2011/02/which-translation-of-war-and-peace.html
Somehow rousing good read and War and Peace seems like an oxymoron. Perhaps like the version of Edward Bulwer-Lytton's Paul Clifford where the purple prose was stripped (Paul Clifford is the source of the "It was a dark and stormy night" as the first part of the opening sentence). For those who haven't read the book, after that opening phrase, the original droned on to the point where I began to feel I should be on a first name basis with every gust of wind and raindrop.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #24
k9reeder
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Somehow rousing good read and War and Peace seems like an oxymoron. Perhaps like the version of Edward Bulwer-Lytton's Paul Clifford where the purple prose was stripped (Paul Clifford is the source of the "It was a dark and stormy night" as the first part of the opening sentence). For those who haven't read the book, after that opening phrase, the original droned on to the point where I began to feel I should be on a first name basis with every gust of wind and raindrop.
Although one wonders if War and Peace would have been as highly acclaimed as it was had it been published under its original title: War, What is it Good For?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #25
iostrym
Connoisseur
iostrym began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thanks a lot for your help, I will check if my Kobo is then correctly up to date. Because downloading went wrong. I was using COPS on my Nas to download epub and PDF.
I guess that the firmware you are talking about is compatible will all recent Kobo (2,3 years old max)
iostrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #26
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
I guess that the firmware you are talking about is compatible will all recent Kobo (2,3 years old max)
My Aura HD is four-and-a-half years old, so yes.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:47 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your help, I will check if my Kobo is then correctly up to date. Because downloading went wrong. I was using COPS on my Nas to download epub and PDF.
Calibre's content server will work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote