Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
connygy
connygy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Book is in folder, but Calibre can not find it

Hello everybody,

I got a problem: a book is in Calibre folder, but Calibre Library doesn't show it.

How can I fix this problem? I am sure, the book is the folder! Also the metadata.opf.
connygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried running a database integrity check? Library Maintenance / Check Library
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
connygy

Hi Peter,

I just run it, but no errors...

The book is still there in the folder, I also used the "restore database". But all is the same. I see the book in the folder, but calibre can not find it...

It looks like that the book is not registed in the calibre.

Last edited by connygy; 07-10-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Do you have a virtual library in use? It is possible the book is simply hidden...

If the library check reports no extra files, that means the files are in the database. Somewhere.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@connygy - drag and drop the book file from your file manager (press 'o' to open the book folder) onto the Book Details panel, it's normally on the right but can be on the bottom. If you can't see it the book details panel click the brown book icon bottom left.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
BR -- sounds like the book record isn't there at all, not *just* the ebook file.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #7
connygy

Hi @eschartz,

I didn't use any the virtual library.

Hi @BetterRed,

I try to drag the file direct to the library, but it looks like that I want to replace another book to this file.

I guess, my problem may be is the synchronise with "owncloud"

I added several books with my company computer, then synchronize it with "owncloud", that is something like "dropbox". After I go back, I turn on my private computer, I can see the most books I added in company except two of them. It is really strange.

Can it possible with the book id???

Last edited by connygy; 07-10-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
BR -- sounds like the book record isn't there at all, not *just* the ebook file.
Then why didn't it show up in library check as an orphaned book - I didn't think library check was VL constrained

@connygy yeah that's probably the problem - calibre doesn't like libraries stored on network devices -

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-10-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #9
connygy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Hi eschwartz,

yes, the book record isn't here at all....

and the book file is still on my storage under the "librarayroot/author/booktitle" folder.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@connygy - see I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?

BR
Old 07-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #11
connygy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Then why didn't it show up in library check as an orphaned book - I didn't think library check was VL constrained

@connygy yeah that's probably the problem - calibre doesn't like libraries stored on network devices -

BR
Hi @BetterRed,

how can I check it as an orpahned book?

mmm... It will be very inconvenient, if I can not use "dropbox" or "owncloud". I have three computer...
Old 07-10-2015, 06:28 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

See post 15

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-10-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by connygy View Post
Hi @BetterRed,

mmm... It will be very inconvenient, if I can not use "dropbox" or "owncloud". I have three computer...
1) Keep the Library on the local drive
2.) stop the cloud when using the Library
2a) AND only ever use 1 computer at a time (for Calibre)
2b) AND allow the synch to complete before launching Calibre (after performing a step 2.)

The gist, is the cloud replicates a local Library

Other options: Just Remote into (RDC or VNC) the Library computer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #14
connygy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
1. stop the 'cloud' synch process when calibre is running, and start it again when you're done with calibre

2. Don't have calibre running against the same libraries on multiple client computer

Kovid Goyal (calibre author) is currently working on a new version of calibre server, it MAY address these issues, I don't know when it will be available - other than when Kovid says its ready.

BR
Hi @BetterRed ,

Thanks very much for the information!
Old 07-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Hi @BetterRed,

Library Maintenance->Check library - the second phase
Quote:
Try this
  1. when calibre is running stop 'cloud' synching, restart when you're done with calibre
  2. never run calibre on more than one computer concurrently

Kovid Goyal (calibre author) is currently developing a new version of calibre-server. It MAY address these issues. It will be available when Kovid finishes it.

Added - and what theducks said

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-10-2015 at 06:38 PM.