Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
Diegan
Diegan began at the beginning.

Device: Jinke V3
Couple of questions...

Hi!

I bought the Hanlin V3 over a year ago, around christmas 2007 (what a wonderful device!).

A couple of months ago, my screen broke, so when I could afford it, I sent it to Jinke so they could replace it. Yesterday I received it, and they changed the screen, changed the case for a brand new and updated the firmware.

The thing that bothers me is that now, the up-page and down-page buttons change their funcion, if I am reading something in portrait view style, one is up, other id down, but if I start reading in landscape view mode, the buttons function viceversa. That's no good for me, I whish fot them to funcion the same way regardless of the viewing mode I am using.

My question is: is there a way to go back to an older firmware? I just want that function to be back as it used to, I don't care if the new firmwares implement new cool stuff, I was happy with the device as I had it previously to firmware change (the pity is, I don't really know which was the firmware I had, I never updated it). Maybe changing fw is not necessary, maybe is there a way to edit this or remap buttons.

Another thing I noticed, the number 2 button must be pressed hard to work, the other ones work fine, but they are all more "shallow", not as tall as before, which is a pity.

Anyways, thank you in advance!
Diegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
All the Jinkie firmware releases still seem to be available, here.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
Diegan

Thank you, but there's no download link for the older ones, just for the 2 newest ones
Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegan View Post
Thank you, but there's no download link for the older ones, just for the 2 newest ones
I have:
  • 1.26-20080425
  • 1.27-20080707
  • 2.00-20089023
  • 2.01-20081121
  • 2.01-20081204
  • 2.01-20081212
  • 2.02-20090120

Which one would you like? I could upload some of them to a filesharing site.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
In this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27960 you can also download several really old firmwares (v3update-uke-1.23-20071219.rar, v3update-uke-1.23-20080129.rar).
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
Diegan

It's a pity that I don't really know which was my firmware. Te device was sent to me from Jinke the 15th od December, 2007...
Maybe I will try with v3update-uke-1.23-20071219.rar... are you sure this fw is ok for the V3 from Hanlin? (china).

Is there a guide on how to see which fw I have now and how to update? Is there a problem if I downgrade with an old fw? can I upgrade and downgrade as much as I want to?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Diegan; 01-23-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
are you sure this fw is ok for the V3 from Hanlin? (china).
It won't be a problem, since the lBook's hardware is the same as the Hanlin v3.
Quote:
Is there a guide on how to see which fw I have now and how to update?
The instructions at
http://mybebook.com/a11/downloads/article_info.html should work fine.
Quote:
can I upgrade and downgrade as much as I want to?
Yes.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Maybe I will try with v3update-uke-1.23-20071219.rar... are you sure this fw is ok for the V3 from Hanlin? (china).
Yes, this firmware is quite stable, it is very close to yours. The differences with original FW from Hanlin - TXT files mapped to the same module as rtf and fb2, different logo and ukrainian menu language right after the flash.

But I'd recommend to switch to new, 2009, firmwares. There were lots of changes - for example, deleting and copying of books (via long-press of 1-8 number keys), new and improved modules etc. You'll get used to remapped keys in a week.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
Hi torbich, can you tell me where to go for the detailed changes contained in the latest update?
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote