Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #1
xoanohn
Connoisseur
xoanohn doesn't litterxoanohn doesn't litter

Device: Aura One, Aura, H2O, ipad pro 12.9 (2015 and 2017), PRS-T1, PRS-505
Dptrp1 pen tip broke inside the casing

Hi all,

I just dropped the pen and the nib broke inside the casing. The end of the narrow part of the pen is not a twist off. Any ideas on how to remove the broken nib?
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
See this thread (it was 8 or 10 down from where you posted): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290468
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
xoanohn
Connoisseur
xoanohn doesn't litterxoanohn doesn't litter

Device: Aura One, Aura, H2O, ipad pro 12.9 (2015 and 2017), PRS-T1, PRS-505
Thanks. Do you know if the super glue and needle worked?
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
I would PM JS_F for that one
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:11 PM   #5
helicub81
helicub81 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK WIFI!!
I had the same problem - ended up heating a sewing needle with a flame, pushing it into the plastic for a few secs to let it resolidify, and then pulling it out. Took me a couple tries but I was able to get the broken tip out.
helicub81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #6
JoeS
Enthusiast
JoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicub81 View Post
I had the same problem - ended up heating a sewing needle with a flame, pushing it into the plastic for a few secs to let it resolidify, and then pulling it out. Took me a couple tries but I was able to get the broken tip out.
Wow, awesome, thanks for reporting here! This might be the first successful DPT-RP1 tip extraction reported on the internet! "First!"

As I was mentally preparing for having to do this at some point, I was thinking of bending the very tip of the needle, so that once the plastic solidifies around it, it can't just slide out. But apparently you got it to work without having to do that. Congrats, and thanks!
JoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:47 PM   #7
optmotion
optmotion began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
helicub81 I had the same problem - ended up heating a sewing needle with a flame, pushing it into the plastic for a few secs to let it resolidify, and then pulling it out. Took me a couple tries but I was able to get the broken tip out.
Just wanted to confirm that this method worked like a charm! Heated up a sewing needle for max 15 seconds over a gas stove, poked it in the tip and held it there for about 20 seconds, and it comes out very smoothly!
optmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:41 PM   #8
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
I got it out by taking a safety pin, and slightly bending the point so it can be used to pull the tip out. Not very easy, but I managed twice already. The heating method sounds easier.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote