Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
What version of Calibre are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ghitulescu - why is this thread not in the Calibre forum, if it were there, Kovid would probably throw in his 2 cents worth

if you want it moved you'll have to ask a 'greenie' - afaik, this forum has no moderators

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:59 AM   #18
Ghitulescu
Addict
Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: PRS-T1
It's not in the Calibre forum because I thought it's not a problem of calibre but an epub one... so far calibre had not troubled me ...
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:04 AM   #19
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
It's not in the Calibre forum because I thought it's not a problem of calibre but an epub one... so far calibre had not troubled me ...
Since you used Calibre for subsetting, there are basically only 3 possibilities (listed in order of probability):

1. Since Calibre uses the information in the CSS file(s) to calculate the number of characters that needs to be subset, there might be a problem with your CSS file(s).

2. The font(s) might be corrupted or incorrectly encoded.

3. There might be a bug in the Calibre font subsetting code.

If you want to get this issue resolved, create a test file with the same font(s) and stylesheet(s) and send it to Kovid Goyal or attach it to a forum post in the Calibre forum, if it doesn't contain copyrighted text and/or fonts.

You also might want to ask a moderator to move this thread to the Calibre forum. (Click Report Post (=the exclamation point icon) and tell the moderator that you want to have this thread moved to the Calibre forum.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 08-31-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:46 AM   #20
Ghitulescu
Addict
Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.Ghitulescu understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: PRS-T1
Ok, I'll ask the mods to move it...

meanwhile, the strange issue can be safely be linked to the lack of memory (explanation which seems reasonable in the context) and considered [solved].

PS: I always assumed the restrictions are per whole font, not per characters (which -contrary!- would have explained why some characters have been subset and others didn't). It's not a font issue.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
Wrong forum
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote