Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Amazon Oasis Replacement Question

Hello all, I have a question for those who get their Oasis replaced by Amazon.
1.) Do you have to send your original Oasis first before you can get a replacement?
2.) Does the replacement Oasis have the exact same kind of packaging as the one you originally purchased. IE the one with the square blue box? When I got my KPW1 replaced, the packaging was different with the label R on it. Meaning refurbished?
3.) Can you replace from WIFI to 3G model and pay the difference?
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
1. Contact Amazon customer service.
2. Same Answer.
3. You have to ask Amazon.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2016, 01:39 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
1. No they will send the replacement first then you decide which to keep. You will need a credit card on file though for insurance before they do this.

It's my understanding there is a wait for replacements right now though you may get lucky. It's best to contact Kindle support through chat or phone.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:13 AM   #4
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
2.) Does the replacement Oasis have the exact same kind of packaging as the one you originally purchased. IE the one with the square blue box? When I got my KPW1 replaced, the packaging was different with the label R on it. Meaning refurbished?
On replacements, the R means either return or refurbished (I don't think anyone has yet come up with a definite answer). The only way to ensure that you get a "brand new" Oasis is to return the one you currently have and repurchase.

Quote:
3.) Can you replace from WIFI to 3G model and pay the difference?
No Amazon would not allow this as these as different products. You would have to return the Wifi for a refund and then purchase the 3G model.

Last edited by JoHunt; 06-04-2016 at 06:53 AM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
R = Refurbished.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
R = Refurbished.
Which, I believe, frequently *IS* just a return, that was checked over and packaged up again. But that's still refurbishing. Your returns can't be resold as new.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #7
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
R = Refurbished.
Here's the R marking I was talking about

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
The top was the original Paperwhite, the bottom was the replacement.
I think it was a refurbished unit because:

1. It had an R marking on the Kindle Logo. The original one didn't have the marking.
2. The Quick Start Card inside the box was missing.

Original discussion was here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49#post2288349

It's quite a few years ago so Amazon may have changed their policy but I am not sure

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-07-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's the same way my PW2 was.

The main reason I got mad about the R on the PW2 was I was Promised a New one. And they don't extend the warranty for 1 year. '

IMO you paid for a NEW Oasis. You haven't had it that long You should get New.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 06-06-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #9
Julius Caesar
Addict

Quote:
That's the same way my PW2 was.
I also buy a lot of R stuff at Big Lots. Best Buy & other stores.
Does Best Buy clearly mark customer returned merchandises and sell them at lower prices? My local Frys Electronics do that.

If an item is marked as clearance and sold at a lower price at BB website, is that a customer returned item also?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-p...&skuId=4576510

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 06-07-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Does Best Buy clearly mark customer returned merchandises and sell them at lower prices? My local Frys Electronics do that.

If an item is marked as clearance and sold at a lower price at BB website, is that a customer returned item also?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-p...&skuId=4576510

That's a New Item that's over stocked.

Open Box ... Customer return ...hope nothing is wrong cause customer says so

R .... Returned & suppose to be check by Tech. [buy with care]