Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Doing what puppies do best - eat and grow.

My neighbor, the 'dope head', is still letting them run stray.

Dogs only have three interests (3F):
*) Feed
*) Frolic
*) Fornicate
These are still too young for that last interest.

Still having lots of "open window and open door" weather here.
And puppies can get away with running into anyone's house.

They bring the 'toys' they find while running loose over to my yard still -
The other day, they brought a plastic bag of white powder.
Did someone loose their powdered sugar?
Or maybe their flower?

I wasn't interested in finding out - bag went into trash fire with the rest of the day's trash.
Maybe it was baking powder?
Good idea to burn it.
Just remember it is open window time. Don't burn any bags with green stuff in them.

Oh and you would think the dope head would realize the puppies like to share things with the neighbors.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
- - - - -
Oh and you would think the dope head would realize the puppies like to share things with the neighbors.
He doesn't pay enough attention to them to even know if they are dead or alive, let alone how they behave.

He has enough visitors that stay just 10 to 15 minutes per visit, that I am sure catch the blame for anything missing around his house.

Although the day after the plastic bag showed, he did tear apart the yard around his house.

Ever watch a squirrel that forgot where it buried the nut?
Or a dog that forgot where it buried the bone?
Or the 'dope head' that forgot where . . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #18
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
He doesn't pay enough attention to them to even know if they are dead or alive, let alone how they behave.

He has enough visitors that stay just 10 to 15 minutes per visit, that I am sure catch the blame for anything missing around his house.

Although the day after the plastic bag showed, he did tear apart the yard around his house.

Ever watch a squirrel that forgot where it buried the nut?
Or a dog that forgot where it buried the bone?
Or the 'dope head' that forgot where . . . .
Well I guess the 'dope head' could do what others have done. Called the cops to report their stuff missing.

Not so funny, I am watching a dog now that doesn't always know where or who he is.
Poor thing, he chased a squirrel the other day and totally exhausted himself.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
- - - - -
Not so funny, I am watching a dog now that doesn't always know where or who he is.
Poor thing, he chased a squirrel the other day and totally exhausted himself.
Our best friends do age.
And it is usually not nice to see, even if it is someone else's best friend.

I did find a home for the big red pointer that I mentioned here.
Took six months, but the person (who works in a feed store) knows animals well, so she should have a good home now.

Stray dogs are one of my past times.
My own two are used to having "visitors" that stay a few weeks or a few months by now.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:49 PM   #20
renerelire
renerelire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard Wi-Fi SN: B008 xxxx xxxx xxxx
Quote:
That is the only safe advice that can be given for a keyboard device.

Those devices use an incremental update system of individual files and the updater does not have any "backtrack and un-do" facility if an error is encountered.
Which leaves the device with a partially updated (and usually broken) set of files.
Noted... thanks.
renerelire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2016, 11:33 PM   #21
renerelire

Quote:
I asked if you had searched this particular forum because you asked the exact same in this thread as in the one you originally asked in. I know because I sent you to this particular forum
If I didn't find any related information about dictionary, full screen definition, etc. Why not posting again my question in the thread you suggested to me?

Quote:
and I knew as knc1 later linked for you that there was a thread over here for your question.
That is why I asked.
I had already re-post my question when Knc1 made is suggestion. And even then, I hardly understood what we are talking in the thread that Knc1indicated to me. Even now I'm no sure if they are talking about maybe addons or plugins or programming.

Quote:
Mobileread in itself is quite large. That is why there are forums dedicated to pretty much everything and a few have sub-forums. Like the one I led you too which is this one.
I never did programming (except long time ago somme easy html and little php) so I cannot know what to search for. So I only have my few words like dictionary full definition, full screen, etc. If someones really want to help me they'll tell me in what direction I should search, if I have to learn to programme a bit or if I can modify some already done white hacks or what websites I should read, etc.

Quote:
Oh and one other minor detail, I am not a He. Though if you can't see me, I frequently get mistaken for a guy.
Noted : You are a she...
Old 05-28-2016, 12:17 AM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

What knc1 suggested was asking your question in the thread he posted because then the person that may have an answer will see the question.

Oh and the only program I have ever written was in BASIC.

Though I don't think there is a simple way to do what you want.
Good luck.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:58 AM   #23
renerelire

Quote:
What knc1 suggested was asking your question in the thread he posted because then the person that may have an answer will see the question.

Oh and the only program I have ever written was in BASIC.

Though I don't think there is a simple way to do what you want.
Good luck.
I didn't asked my question yet because I couldn't follow (understand enough) the thread. I didn't want to come from nowhere and ask something that is not in the good context. I'll read more before to increase my understanding.

BASIC? What your program was for?
Thanks
Old 05-28-2016, 06:14 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by renerelire View Post
I didn't asked my question yet because I couldn't follow (understand enough) the thread. I didn't want to come from nowhere and ask something that is not in the good context. I'll read more before to increase my understanding.

BASIC? What your program was for?
Thanks
Some clarifications to using this forum -

When something is published for others to use, the author starts a thread specific to what is published.
The actually package that is released, is described in the first (and sometimes second) post of the thread and the most recent release is attached to the first post of that thread.
The author **usually** subscribes to that announcement thread.

Of course there are exceptions - the above is just the most common practice here, not cast in stone requirements.

- - - -

You did not mention what document reader you wanted to behave differently in your first post.
Without you providing that part of the context, we assumed you where asking about Libreator (this forum's reader for the device you mentioned in your topic title).

If you are asking about changing Amazon's reader, we don't (can't its closed source) know how to re-program that one.
Ask Amazon.

The start of the Librerator thread is at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198742
If I had expected you to read the entire thread, that is the link I would have given you.

Your topic asked a question about changing the reader's default behavior.
I gave you a link to a specific post of the Librerator thread where the author had explained to someone else (the same day) how to change the reader's defaults.

In that author's answer you can read how the defaults can be changed in a file defaults.lua.
The very top of that post has a link to the Librerator change log.
https://github.com/kai771/kindlepdfv...tor%3A-History
If you clicked that link, but did not find the behavior you wanted changed mentioned, you could scroll to the top of that page and click the 'code' button.
Which would take you to:
https://github.com/kai771/kindlepdfviewer

At this point, you had read two posts (mine and kai771's), plus the changelog histor and learned that the name of the file that the user can make behavior changes in was named: "defaults.lua"
So now scroll down to the file of that name and click it:
https://github.com/kai771/kindlepdfv...r/defaults.lua

Do you see the behavior that you want to change mentioned?
In this case, no.

What did I tell you to do if my link did not answer your question?

I said post in the thread for Librerator:
so the author would see your question.

If the author is subscribed to his own thread (he probably is), he would have gotten a copy of your question immediately by e-mail.

At that point, you and the author would have been in direct communication with one another (via the topic thread).

= = = = =

Note:
None of the above applies if your talking about Amazon's reader, not ours.
You need to ask Amazon about that, not us.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #25
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

If I read his other two threads correctly, he wants to be able to highlight a word in a book on his kindle keyboard and have the entire definition of the word pop up rather than just the short definition.

Oh and on the program, it was a strobe light.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:03 PM   #26
renerelire

Quote:
Originally Posted by renerelire
Yous recently sent me a question on an old message of mines on a thread that is closed, but there is no button I could click to answer. Anyway that question of mine is similar to my very new one about the full screen definition and you already made me a suggestion.
Thanks anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1
So answer the damn question.
You want that in French?
You assume to much things but I'll do my best to read all that stuff you wrote.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:28 PM   #27
renerelire

Quote:
If I read his other two threads correctly, he wants to be able to highlight a word in a book on his kindle keyboard and have the entire definition of the word pop up rather than just the short definition.

Oh and on the program, it was a strobe light.
Yes Cinisajoy, you are correct.
I gave those details:
Device : Kinde Keyboard (so the ereader is Amazon Kindle 3 Keyboard, if I'm right);
What I want : When I place the text cursor in front of a word I want the full screen definition to appear instead of the tinny incomplete definition (so this is when I'm reading an ebook (a .mobi file for instance).
I'm not talking about something called Liberator or other things because I don't know what those things are. That being said, I'm willing to try this thing or something else if it could make me reach my goal.
Also my English is very limited so If you just give me a link to a thread, that does not mean I'll understand what this thread is all about, especially if they are talking about things I don't even know they exist with abbreviations and specialized topics.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:27 AM   #28
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

What is your native language?
Since your English is limited: let me see if I can translate.
You do not need to read all of the thread I am fixing to link.
You need to click on new reply and ask your question there.
The original poster of that thread is the one that can answer your question.
Do not read the thread, wait on an answer.
Be sure and put you have a kindle keyboard and exactly what you want to know.
Please note: if there is a way, you will get a technical answer.

One other hint: when you get an answer, Google translate can be your best friend.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Ah so - -
An error in translation:
We wrote "the reader your using ...."
The O.P. read that (**reader**) to mean the hardware, not the software application.

(French/Canadian)
Old 05-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #30
renerelire

Quote:
Ah so - -
An error in translation:
We wrote "the reader your using ...."
The O.P. read that (**reader**) to mean the hardware, not the software application.

(French/Canadian)
What O.P. means, please?
So the reader would be my Kindle Keyboar and the e-redear would be a software in my reader?

Tags
dictionary, font size definition, kindle keyboard