Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Any hope to get Webkit on the K2?

Since the K3 and the K2 aren't that different from a hardware propectively. I assume that it's not a technical reason but a marketing one that a new firmware release with Webkit hasn't been released for the K2. What do people think the chances are? Does anyone think one of those online "petitions" would sway Amazon?
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Does anyone think one of those online "petitions" would sway Amazon?
Show me an online petition that ever swayed anyone.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I got it working though lots of hacking: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...48&postcount=9

But let me tell you: Kindle 2 has half the ram. Aka pages will render half as fast (at BEST, amazon took 5 minutes to load without tweaks). The kindle 3 has a separate weblog renderer running in the background. It uses ALOT of ram. It may be that the kindle 2 is physically incapable of running webkit.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
troyme
Enthusiast
troyme began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx US
I think you can try the browser named "arora" based on qt , qt had been ported to kindle2 and dx by some one , you can search "qindle" on forum. The web browser in qindle worked very well
troyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyme View Post
I think you can try the browser named "arora" based on qt , qt had been ported to kindle2 and dx by some one , you can search "qindle" on forum. The web browser in qindle worked very well
That Webkit broswer sounds great. Has anyone tried it on the Kindle. I've googled and I haven't found a post that said they did.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert