Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #1921
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Has anyone used eStories? I don't recall ever hearing of it before Tubemonkey started including it in the daily deals.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #1922
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Has anyone used eStories? I don't recall ever hearing of it before Tubemonkey started including it in the daily deals.
Yes, I took advantage of a promotion through Swagbucks whereby I got 3 audiobooks for $18 and ended up getting a $25 Amazon gift card in return. I posted the promotion here at that time.
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #1923
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I did the free book from them back when eMusic spun them off. Worked well enough...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:26 PM   #1924
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
The books are DRM-free MP3s, unlike Nook Audio. The free trial is still available and so is the Swagbucks promo that keithdt posted. Links are in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdt View Post
Yes, I took advantage of a promotion through Swagbucks whereby I got 3 audiobooks for $18 and ended up getting a $25 Amazon gift card in return. I posted the promotion here at that time.
That promo is still active and your post is linked in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I did the free book from them back when eMusic spun them off. Worked well enough...
I did too, but that's all I've done so far.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #1925
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That promo is still active and your post is linked in the OP.
It is active, but you now get 1,250 SB instead of 2,200, just FYI.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #1926
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It is active, but you now get 1,250 SB instead of 2,200, just FYI.
Thanks
Old 10-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #1927
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
I used them for both the free preview and the Swagbucks offers previously mentioned. Their service is akin to Kobo, Downpour, or Audiobooks.com. I have found that they have excellent customer service, as they allowed me to exchange books that didn't live up to my expectations (one was encoded at 32 bps) even after a few months. They answered all of my incessant questions and were a pleasure to work with.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #1928
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks to all. I signed up with Swagbucks to get the three-month offer. I resisted signing up for umpteen other offers that Swagbucks immediately prodded me to take advantage of, but they did instantly credit 500 Swagbucks per the eStories offer.

I didn't choose a book to download from eStories yet.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #1929
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Penguin Random House -- exp unknown
Quote:
We Could Be Beautiful

A spellbinding psychological debut novel, Swan Huntley's We Could Be Beautiful is the story of a wealthy woman who has everything—and yet can trust no one.

Catherine West has spent her entire life surrounded by beautiful things. She owns an immaculate Manhattan apartment, she collects fine art, she buys exquisite handbags and clothing, and she constantly redecorates her home. And yet, despite all this, she still feels empty. She sees her personal trainer, she gets weekly massages, and occasionally she visits her mother and sister on the Upper East Side, but after two broken engagements and boyfriends who wanted only her money, she is haunted by the fear that she'll never have a family of her own.

One night, at an art opening, Catherine meets William Stockton, a handsome man who shares her impeccable taste and love of beauty. He is educated, elegant, and even has a personal connection—his parents and Catherine's parents were friends years ago. But as he and Catherine grow closer, she begins to encounter strange signs, and her mother, Elizabeth (now suffering from Alzheimer's), seems to have only bad memories of William as a boy. In Elizabeth's old diary she finds an unnerving letter from a former nanny that cryptically reads: "We cannot trust anyone . . . "

Is William lying about his past? And if so, is Catherine willing to sacrifice their beautiful life in order to find the truth?

Featuring a fascinating heroine who longs for answers but is blinded by her own privilege, We Could Be Beautiful is a glittering, seductive, utterly surprising story of love, money, greed, and family.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-18-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #1930
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 19 Oct
Old 10-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #1931
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 19 Oct

Note: Brain Rules for Aging Well by John Medina is currently free at Libro.fm --> details
Old 10-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #1932
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Daily Deals -- exp 19 Oct

Note: Brain Rules for Aging Well by John Medina is currently free at Libro.fm --> details
FYI, "Brain Rules" was one of the free titles given away by Libro.fm in May of this year as a part of their Independent Bookstore Day giveaway. Check your library before you buy if you're interested.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:26 AM   #1933
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Oct
Old 10-20-2017, 01:31 AM   #1934
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
FYI, "Brain Rules" was one of the free titles given away by Libro.fm in May of this year as a part of their Independent Bookstore Day giveaway. Check your library before you buy if you're interested.
Thanks, I forgot about that one and lo and behold, both books are in my library.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:55 AM   #1935
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Weekly Episodic Offers -- new episodes