Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
Tenko-78
Tenko-78 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Eink wich save highlights and note into pdf

Hi guys,

i read the forum everyday to understand but.....
Please I'have an eye dry sindrome and i read accademic article on my macbook, ipad, iphone etc.....but now i must stop it.
Reading on an eink device is very good for my eyes, so please may you tell me an eink device wich whom i can read pdf (also in landscape mode if it has a small display) that saves note and highlight directly into the pdf file, so after read i can transfer the file to my mac and see the notes and the highlights?
My Kindle higlights pdf but not save it into the file and install koreader is too difficult for me.

So i need

1) a eink device that save notes and highlights into pdf
2) a eink device with dropbox app and kindle app usable (not necessary, but i'd like it)

thank you very much
Tenko-78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #2
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Well the 13inch Sony DPT-S1 can do that. Presumably the newer Sony DPT-RP1 can do as well.

The notes get saved into pdf. Works quite nicely.

An alternative to Sony would be about to be released ReMarkable e-reader.

Its note taking capabilities are supposed to be excellent from early reviews.
https://remarkable.com/store/reMarkable-and-marker

10inch size but priced about the same as Sony 13 inch e-readers, ie expensive.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #3
Tenko-78
Tenko-78 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Begemot ty very much for yours reply. For me Sony DPR-RP1 is not good because it has not a virtual keyboard wich whom write notes. The Remarkable is a good option but i prefer to wait for onyx max boox carta 2 to use it also like second monitor for my mac.
Someone knows if with a more economic device like a onix boox kepler pro or an inkbook prime there's a way to save highlight and note into pdf file? I know that the screen of this device is small for pdf but now i read in landscape mode with my kindle and for me is ok.
Tenko-78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:20 PM   #4
eflat
eflat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi/3G
This doesn't answer your question here, but I thought it might generally be of interest to you. Here is a thread about the Dasung Paperlike E-Ink Monitor with demo videos: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=274581
eflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What you want is an iPad.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #6
David20100704
David20100704 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile an iPad is not eInk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What you want is an iPad.
My iPad is not eInk. It is similar technology to my Mac laptop. It is hard on my eyes. I do use it because I have to read pdf's and have not been able to afford a larger screen Onyx Book 13.3 or the Sony 13.3. The opening poster mentioned that "Reading on an eink device is very good for my eyes". Thus, I do not think that he really wishes recommendations for devices similar to the iPad, iPhone and Samsung Note.

Walk in Peace,
Scribe With a Stylus
David20100704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #7
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Onyx e-readers do it. They have e-readers from 6 inch upto 12. You can turn them landscape to fit the pdf in. They come with an app called Oreader which manipulates pdf very well and allows you to write notes onto. Check on the Onyx sub-forum.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote