Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindlegen and log file

How do I make Kindlegen automatically generates a log file when compiling a book?
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:21 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
How do I make Kindlegen automatically generates a log file when compiling a book?
You can use a batch file.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can use a batch file.
Thanks Doitsu. I did the > or >> trick. Like "Kindlegen content.opf >log.txt"

It works except that the > trick forces Kindlegen to run in silent mode.
I can't see the output of Kindlegen unless I open the log file. I want to see the output on the screen in real time first AND then create a log file. This is because if Kindlegen takes too long to complete, I would be able to see what's going on without going blind while waiting.

Is there anyway to do that?

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 09-11-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
With a real operating system: of course. With Windows, not sure.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
This is because if Kindlegen takes too long to complete, I would be able to see what's going on without going blind while waiting.

Is there anyway to do that?
Simply press +R, enter cmd, click OK and run KindleGen at the command line. (Use the CD command to go to the folder that KindleGen and the source files are in.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #6
Julius Caesar
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Simply press +R, enter cmd, click OK and run KindleGen at the command line. (Use the CD command to go to the folder that KindleGen and the source files are in.)
Actually, I already use the command line using the DOS Prompt but I have a problem.

If I run "kindlegen content.opf" at the command line, I will be able to see the process in real time on the screen but the log file won't be created.

If I run "kindlegen content.opf >log.txt" at the command line, the log file will be created but I won't be able to see the process in real time.

How do I get both at the same time?

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 09-11-2013 at 06:44 AM.