Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
ReadManiac

I just got a new phone, a Nokia 6126, which happens to have a 320x240 inside screen. It's only a 2.2" but at least it's a decent resolution for that size.

Being the mobilereader that I am, I immediately wondered what I could do to read on the phone. I looked around for options but discovered that my provider (AT&T) has gone and locked out file system access for unsigned applications. I can understand locking out the network stack, but locking out read access to the file system strikes me as going too far.

Anyway I did find an application called Readmaniac which lets me build books as midlets to read on the phone and it works pretty well.

So far I've got four on their (three latest issues of Analog and an issue of Interzone) and I'm finding it's a good backup for reading in line and the like.

I'm not sure I'd read a book, but for short stuff it works pretty well.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote