Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Book losing position, bookmarks, highlights, etc.

Wasn't there a thread discussing the default reader opening in different locations and disappearing bookmarks & highlights depending on where you opened the book from?

My NT will open at the cover page and have none of my bookmarks or highlights if I've been reading say from the library and then I open later from my Daily Shelf or from the Books app on my home screen. Then, if I go back and open it from the Library app, it opens to the right place and there's my bookmarks and highlights back. Really strange but I seem to recall it having to do with the different book launch apps all saving their information in different locations and not sharing the info. I was thinking there was a thread discussing this and some possible fixes.

Also, does anyone know if this issue only affects rooted Nooks or if it can affect all Nooks?

For what it's worth, my wife has never experienced this issue on her rooted NT. She goes right back to the same place every single time and always has her bookmarks and highlights showing properly regardless of what she uses to open her books. We're both rooted but we're running different versions and we used different root methods.

Thanks to anyone that can give me any info or steer me towards the right thread.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote