Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #196
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
I have no need for a case, as I prefer to read with only the e-reader in my hand.
But I do have a need for a cover, for protection while travelling. After a hunt around I've decided on this one (the Sony ones are an extortionate price) :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005LUZGLM

It should arrive next week, I'll post my opinion once I receive it.
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #197
orfeo
orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi everyone,

I just got the cover (Gecko Luxe+Light) for my T-1 today. My T-1 fits into it quite well. It closes smoothly with magnet.

Although the cover feels a bit heavier than I thought, it doesn't bother me. I guess it is because I have been used to reading without a cover. I think I will get used to the weight soon anyway. Well, I put it on the kitchen scale. It is 150 grams, just for people who are interested. The cover came with a CR 2032 battery. For me, the light is definitely bright enough to read in the dark.

Please have a look at the pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	80016   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	80017   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	346.2 KB
ID:	80018   Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	80019  
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #198
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeo View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got the cover (Gecko Luxe+Light) for my T-1 today. My T-1 fits into it quite well. It closes smoothly with magnet.

Although the cover feels a bit heavier than I thought, it doesn't bother me. I guess it is because I have been used to reading without a cover. I think I will get used to the weight soon anyway. Well, I put it on the kitchen scale. It is 150 grams, just for people who are interested. The cover came with a CR 2032 battery. For me, the light is definitely bright enough to read in the dark.

Please have a look at the pictures attached.
Thanks for the pictures and comments. For what it is worth, their facebook wall did state the cover weighs 158gm. Also, could you comment a bit on the light being on the outside? How much does it protrude out by? Do you think it might get detached by accident?
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #199
orfeo
orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker99 View Post
Thanks for the pictures and comments. For what it is worth, their facebook wall did state the cover weighs 158gm. Also, could you comment a bit on the light being on the outside? How much does it protrude out by? Do you think it might get detached by accident?
Hi trekker99, there is a belt with a snap on the back. The light is fixed by that when not in use. When you need the light, unfasten the snap, flip the light up and fix the light with a holder. Even when I tried to shake theT-1 a bit, the light stood still firmly. I don't think the light would get detached easily as long as you put it back when not in use.
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #200
aldazo
Enthusiast
aldazo began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post
It will fit. However, the corners might not be well protected. Due to size difference top corners (if they are held by common rubber straps) might be just out of the cover.
Thanks for the answer,
They are not held by rubber straps, the cover has a kind of PU leather frame that holds the device. So I hope it fits ok.
aldazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #201
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Quote:
Hi trekker99, there is a belt with a snap on the back. The light is fixed by that when not in use. When you need the light, unfasten the snap, flip the light up and fix the light with a holder. Even when I tried to shake theT-1 a bit, the light stood still firmly. I don't think the light would get detached easily as long as you put it back when not in use.
Thanks for the reply. Good to hear that the light is firmly attached, although I am still undecided on whether that design will work for me.
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #202
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Has anyone tried the newer Navitech?
http://www.amazon.ca/Navitech-Genuin...094873&sr=1-12

It looks nicer than the elastic corner models, is $10 or so cheaper than the Gecko, and is genuine leather. I'd like to order it, but would prefer some feedback first.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:15 AM   #203
capuchino71
Enthusiast
capuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony prs350 ,and awaiting PRS-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Has anyone tried the newer Navitech?
http://www.amazon.ca/Navitech-Genuin...094873&sr=1-12

It looks nicer than the elastic corner models, is $10 or so cheaper than the Gecko, and is genuine leather. I'd like to order it, but would prefer some feedback first.
Yes the pink one . yesterday i posted some pictures.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152798&page=6
capuchino71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #204
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capuchino71 View Post
Yes the pink one . yesterday i posted some pictures.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152798&page=6
Thanks for the review. I can't tell from your pictures or Amazon's, but does the Navitech have a stylus holder?
Old 12-18-2011, 04:26 AM   #205
capuchino71
Enthusiast
capuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony prs350 ,and awaiting PRS-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Thanks for the review. I can't tell from your pictures or Amazon's, but does the Navitech have a stylus holder?
Yes it have, you can see that in the photos what i put, just clik on them and expand
capuchino71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #206
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Can anyone in the US that has ordered a Geckocover give a delivery time? I ordered one on Dec 7th, they emailed that it was shipped on the 8th..... their webpage says delivery to the US is 5 - 10 days, but either they are way overoptimistic or my cover is really delayed. 15 days as of today and no cover.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #207
VelvetElvis
Addict

After reading middling reviews on the Navitech, coupled with the shipping charge (I couldn't combine it with Amazon products to get the free shipping, because it doesn't ship from Amazon), I opted for the Gecko Luxe w/o the light, for the extra few bucks.

VicLavigne, let us know when yours arrives. I'm curious as to how long I'll have to wait too.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #208
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Vic -
Mine arrived into Canada in a bit more than a week - but that was early in December. I fear yours may have been caught up in the Christmas crush. I hope you get it before the New Year.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto was the port of entry for mine, so not a lot of handling once it arrived in Canada.

Good Luck - do let us know when yours arrives.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #209
GiulioP
GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Hi trekker99, there is a belt with a snap on the back. The light is fixed by that when not in use. When you need the light, unfasten the snap, flip the light up and fix the light with a holder.
can you remove the light from the case when you don't need it?
if not maybe for me it's better the Navitech case: from the pictures I see it seems that the light is removable...

last but not least: how much exactly does it weight?

Last edited by GiulioP; 12-24-2011 at 01:18 PM.
GiulioP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #210
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
OK, so any of you who order the Geckocover in the US, just assume it will take longer than the 5-10 estimate that is on their shipping chart. Got mine today, and shipping/delivery took 16 days. Not what I'd consider too bad for a free overseas shipment, but longer than their own estimates.

As for the cover itself, it feels nice. The cover is soft, not very stiff, and the front flap folds nicely to the back for reading. Good quality. Some people might prefer a stiffer front flap for more protection, its OK for my purposes.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote