Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Ransom
Banned
Ransom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle-3
Aligning The Content TOC

This is the way the content TOC now looks:

Obviously everything is "center" aligned. If I align things to the left", it's even worse with the word "Contents" all the way to the left side etc.

Of course I'd like everything to be neatly aligned the way you can do it using tables/cells.

Is there such a way perhaps in html that I'm not aware of without using tables so that everything will be where I want it in my mobi and epub files?
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
This is the way the content TOC now looks:

Obviously everything is "center" aligned. If I align things to the left", it's even worse with the word "Contents" all the way to the left side etc.
In your first example: The heading appears to be using a different Margin and/or Indent that the rest, which make Centring look wierd.
Try a Hanging Indent for the lines with Chapter.

Last edited by theducks; 07-03-2011 at 03:56 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Ransom
Banned
Ransom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Nope, the heading uses the same
Quote:
align="center"
tag as the chapters. It's just the text size I'm using in the Calibre Viewer probably throwing things off a tad.

I thought about aligning everything to the left and then using indents and spaces to get everything to match, but then I figure that people viewing on a large device like an iPad might end up with something strange looking. But that's probably what I'll do.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could use a table to do it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
Ransom
Banned

I tried using a table with three cells and placing the TOC in the center cell. It looked fine on my Kindle, but none of the hyperlinks worked.
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Then it looks like the best way to deal is left justified and not neatly aligned like you want.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
Ransom
Banned

Yeah, either that or centered.

Tags
text alignment