Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
nanrector
nanrector began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 10 HD
emailed book shows email addy not author..

Can anyone tell me how to get the author to show up in the correct spot on my kindle 2 when I email a pdf, doc, text file to my kindle? It shows my email address i sent from in that spot and not the author so I have manually change it.

Thanks so much!
Nancy
nanrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I'm afraid that's just how it is when you email docs to your Kindle. All you can do is change it manually afterwards as far as I know.

If anyone has some suggestions I'd be happy to hear them too.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
nanrector

We'll I'll be.... I thought sure I could change that... thanks for the input. maybe someone found a trick to do so and will come across my post. Ü

Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
I'm afraid that's just how it is when you email docs to your Kindle. All you can do is change it manually afterwards as far as I know.

If anyone has some suggestions I'd be happy to hear them too.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Use calibre to edit the metadata.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I know that I used to have a huge problem with this when I was using Amazon to convert my personal documents. I'd email a document to the free kindle address, get a file back, have to correct the metadata and then move it over to the Kindle via USB.

Now I email them to my K3 from Calibre over the WiFi and they show up correctly but I'm not sure why? To tell you the truth I'd forgotten that I used to have that problem.

Is it because I'm emailing a mobi file and it doesn't have to be converted?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
nanrector

I use Calibre... was just hoping for this short cut ability for this little issue. Ü Calibre it is though it looks like!
Thanks for all the input!

Nancy