Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #35716
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Stitchawl, I hope you are able to get a good price. I'm like orlok with my house; it is worth less than I paid for it also.

I don't envy you getting the shots even though it is necessary and smart to get them. I hate shots and don't do well when I know that I have to have them.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #35717
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Stitchawl, I hope you are able to get a good price. I'm like orlok with my house; it is worth less than I paid for it also.
I've never made a profit with any property I've had. I keep hearing about 'real estate tycoons,' but I guess I'm more of a 'real estate buffoon.'

Quote:
I don't envy you getting the shots even though it is necessary and smart to get them. I hate shots and don't do well when I know that I have to have them.
That's why I say I refuse to take the Typhoid shot, and will only accept the oral vaccine if available. The Typhoid shot feels like liquid fire going into your arm, and leaves it feeling sore for days afterwards, then you get sick for a couple of days following that!!! Never again! Like you, I hate shots too, usually insist that the nurse hold my hand (if she's young and cute) and that they give me a lollipop afterwards! On the plus side, my hatred of shots might be the only thing that kept me from becoming a heroine addict back in my hippie days... All too many of my friends and acquaintances did, and not many of them made it back.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #35718
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Hopslam
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #35719
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coffee

*and apple slices*
Old 02-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #35720
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We just scored a huge slab of 'hamachi!' Yellowtail or Amberjack to English speakers, and one of the many wonderful fish eaten as sushi or sashimi. $5 for about a 600gm fillet. Unbelievable!! Usually we might have to pay $5 for 100gm... on a good day! Lunch today... hamachi and maguro (tuna) sashimi in the Stitchawl kitchens! And to think... before I came to Asia, the only fish I'd eat (other than smoked salmon and sturgeon) was "Mrs.Paul's" brand frozen fish sticks! And only if they were smothered in tarter sauce! Now... back to playing Mr.Fixit!

Stitchawl
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #35721
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That's why I say I refuse to take the Typhoid shot, and will only accept the oral vaccine if available. The Typhoid shot feels like liquid fire going into your arm, and leaves it feeling sore for days afterwards, then you get sick for a couple of days following that!!! Never again! .....
Stitchawl
Yes, the oral vaccin is way better and also seems to give a better protection. I only had stomachcramps for a couple of days after I had the capsules.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #35722
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero in my cup. Most definitely without an oral typhoid vaccine.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #35723
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Hey KK!!!

I took these with my phone this afternoon at the supermarket. It was one of the first times I've seen larger cuts of steak being sold. The solid one is almost 6 1/2 oz, 1/4" thick, and selling for about $15. The sliced pieces of steak weigh in at about 8oz and sell for $22. The prices were so low because they were on a 'Time Saver Sale.' (Only at sale price for a few hours.) BTW, this is LOW quality Kobe style beef. High quality stuff would be almost pink because there would be so much more fat.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Steak1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	101750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steak2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	101751  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-23-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #35724
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Hey KK!!!

I took these with my phone this afternoon at the supermarket. It was one of the first times I've seen larger cuts of steak being sold. The solid one is almost 6 1/2 oz, 1/4" thick, and selling for about $15. The sliced pieces of steak weigh in at about 8oz and sell for $22. The prices were so low because they were on a 'Time Saver Sale.' (Only at sale price for a few hours.) BTW, this is LOW quality Kobe style beef. High quality stuff would be almost pink because there would be so much more fat.

Stitchawl
Amazing. I wonder what cut that is from. I would even hesitate using that for stew
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #35725
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Amazing. I wonder what cut that is from. I would even hesitate using that for stew
I think it's a lot nicer than it looks. Kobe beef is very marbled, but tender as hell. Of course, that might not be as true of the cheaper cuts - only Stitchawl can tell us how those particular ones in the pictures turned out (assuming he actually bought some...).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #35726
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I think it's a lot nicer than it looks. Kobe beef is very marbled, but tender as hell. Of course, that might not be as true of the cheaper cuts - only Stitchawl can tell us how those particular ones in the pictures turned out (assuming he actually bought some...).
These would actually be quite tender. Once all that fat is melted out, there isn't very much holding the meat together. The slices are very, very thin, making it a 30 second process to cook them on a slotted grill, then dipped into various sauces for flavoring. The slabs are cooked on a standard grill, but with a 1/4" steak, it's tough to get it medium rare...

I don't usually buy meat this way. There is a wholesale butcher that opens to the public on Sunday mornings, rather large shop with about 15 butchers behind the counters who will cut meat to order. I can select the 'location' on the cow, pig, or lamb, and have them cut exactly what I want. They look at me somewhat askew for the things I ask for, but at the prices they charge, are willing to go along with the crazy foreigner. A few of the butchers are familiar with Western cuts, so that makes it a bit easier.

Stitchawl
Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #35727
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My phobias are going to be the death of me!

So ... I emerge from the shower and throw my towel over the drying rack .... not wearing my glasses of course ... and see to my horror something large, hairy, and black scurry out from under the rack onto the floor ... heading directly towards me ... cue the hysterical scream!

whereupon I immediately seize my slipper and begin whacking the daylights out of it ... until I put on my glasses .... and discover that I've just killed a cat hair "tumbleweed"

As soon as my heart rate drops back to normal values, I'm sure I'll find this funny .... and get out the vacuum cleaner ....

P.S. I'm so glad no one saw this episode ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #35728
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
.... and discover that I've just killed a cat hair "tumbleweed"
I've heard that you have to get those suckers right between the eyes, 'cuz they often charge if only wounded...

Stitchawl
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #35729
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
I've heard that you have to get those suckers right between the eyes, 'cuz they often charge if only wounded...

Stitchawl
They have eyes???
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #35730
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?