Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #16
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
The 'Added front light to tap actions' feature is an extremely valuable addition. It is not an on/off toggle. It does not have the same function as the long press on the hardware Menu key, which only switches the light on or off, without displaying the slide bar (at least in my 4.4 firmware).

Brucelee's tap action displays the slide bar, which allows you to modify the light strength. This is indeed a feature that was missing.

And I'm going to use it a lot (reading in different places with different light conditions)!
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #17
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0r13n View Post
it would be awesome when you can extend the top menu bar to a 'normal' level so you can use it without finger picking exercises,
If you mean to show and expand the system panel with one touch (fw5)... I doubt I'll be able to push events to it, but I'll try.
Collapsing and hiding it would still require two touches because the app can't receive events while the system panel is expanded.
If that's not the case, please rephrase.

Quote:
and it would also be a 'big' leap forward if you can fix the buffering in the menu's: more than once unsuspected settings are applied when selecting a menu item.
I know about that. It's annoying but I don't feel like it being a priority (especially since I'm still not used to the coolreader backend).

Quote:
the dictionary is functioning different as I'm used to: when selecting a word which doesn't result in a direct hit, normally I'm choosing an item which comes as close as it gets and thereafter this item can be used as it was a direct hit...
I didn't know that happened. It probably got screwed when I added Google and Wikipedia.

Quote:
0.0.6-16-8: (Only Pro updates)
- Book cover is set as power off logo in FW5 but it has poor quality for the moment
- If there is no book cover CR generates an ugly one for you

Last edited by brucelee; 03-09-2015 at 07:20 PM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2015, 05:16 AM   #18
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
If you mean to show and expand the system panel with one touch (fw5)... I doubt I'll be able to push events to it, but I'll try.
Collapsing and hiding it would still require two touches because the app can't receive events while the system panel is expanded.
If that's not the case, please rephrase.
I think what is meant (but correct me if I'm wrong, j0r13n) is that the 'buttons' in the top menu bar are too small, and it takes quite some effort to tap them. At least that is my problem. In particular the arrow left and arrow right to page back and forth are difficult to hit. So the question is: could you increase the height of the top menu bar and make the 'buttons' a bit bigger?

Thanks again for the good work. This version of CR works very well on my new PB626.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:29 AM   #19
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

That is one of the things I want to change. It's an issue for all the devices having resolution greater than 600x800. It's awfully difficult to hit the left/right arrows.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:03 AM   #20
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
I think what is meant (but correct me if I'm wrong, j0r13n) is that the 'buttons' in the top menu bar are too small, and it takes quite some effort to tap them. At least that is my problem. In particular the arrow left and arrow right to page back and forth are difficult to hit. So the question is: could you increase the height of the top menu bar and make the 'buttons' a bit bigger?

Thanks again for the good work. This version of CR works very well on my new PB626.
That's exactly what I mean!

The difficulty lies in the fact that not only the graphic design must be altered but also the corresponding tap areas...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	135801   Click image for larger version

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	1018
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	135802  
j0r13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2015, 06:08 AM   #21
sadowski
Connoisseur
sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, Kobo mini, PB mini
From my wishlist: For note-taking (without touch, i.e., with the 4-way button), allow selections down to words. Currently, the smallest unit that can be selected is whole sentences.
sadowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #22
sadowski
Connoisseur
sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now I see: the 4-way button on the PB Mini does not work at all in both note and dictionary mode.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:25 AM   #23
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadowski View Post
Now I see: the 4-way button on the PB Mini does not work at all in both note and dictionary mode.
Maybe the keys are not mapped correctly.

Try downloading the corresponding package from here and replace your keymaps (system/share/cr3/keymaps).

It should work fine as I didn't change anything there.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #24
sadowski
Connoisseur

Quote:
Maybe the keys are not mapped correctly.

Try downloading the corresponding package from here and replace your keymaps (system/share/cr3/keymaps).

It should work fine as I didn't change anything there.
I tried this, with the same result. More specifically:

- all buttons work fine when reading.

- in "notes" mode, left and right do not work at all and forward/backward are swapped. Up/down/OK, OKlong still work. Forward/backward are not part of the 4-way button.

- in "dictionary" mode, all 4 (up, down, left, right) do no work. "OK" still works.

Could this be since the PB mini is on FW 4?

Jens
Old 03-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #25
brucelee
Addict

I doubt it's firmware related. If the key codes would change you shouldn't be able to use the buttons anywhere in the app.
It's either some wrong key configuration in keymaps.ini in the [cite] and [dict] sections, or some change in the app commands that broke things.

Do you know/have a coolreader package that has notes&dictionary working fine for you?
Old 03-11-2015, 12:18 AM   #26
sadowski
Connoisseur

Quote:
I doubt it's firmware related. If the key codes would change you shouldn't be able to use the buttons anywhere in the app.
It's either some wrong key configuration in keymaps.ini in the [cite] and [dict] sections, or some change in the app commands that broke things.

Do you know/have a coolreader package that has notes&dictionary working fine for you?
Yes, I have the original one from the Russian site that works fine with respect to the buttons: pkb-cr3-pb-pro-0.0.6-16_3.0.57-15.zip

I tried keymap files from all three packages (some differ, som not): yours, the one I already had, and the one you pointed to at lesen.net. All with the same result.

I did, however, not do a full install of your package. I just copied the cr3_pk.app file. Is there any reason why I should replace all files?

Also, in dictionary mode, if I enter the dictionary window, the cursor is slightly off the small icons at the top (and of course does not move since the buttons do nothing).
Old 03-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #27
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Yes, I have the original one from the Russian site that works fine with respect to the buttons: pkb-cr3-pb-pro-0.0.6-16_3.0.57-15.zip
Then I suppose it's a bug. I'll try to fix it although I won't be able to test.

Quote:
Also, in dictionary mode, if I enter the dictionary window, the cursor is slightly off the small icons at the top
That's because there are 6 buttons instead of 4. You have to update the skins. However, if you did update the skins... then there's another bug.
The only changed files are the binary and the skins (for the moment).
Old 03-11-2015, 04:04 AM   #28
sadowski
Connoisseur

Quote:
Then I suppose it's a bug. I'll try to fix it although I won't be able to test.
Happy to test!

Quote:
That's because there are 6 buttons instead of 4. You have to update the skins. However, if you did update the skins... then there's another bug.
The only changed files are the binary and the skins (for the moment).
I did not update the skins. So this is no bug then.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:30 AM   #29
sadowski
Connoisseur

Skins: I verified that the cursor placement is correct with your skins.

In addition: in note mode, the little help text next to the small icons at the bottom has disappeared in your version, irrespectively of which skins are used. Maybe this hints to where the button problem is.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #30
gyeben
gyeben began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 614W (Basic 2)
Hi!

I have a request: could you please add an option to move the status bar to the bottom of the screen?

Thanks!
gyeben is offline   Reply With Quote