Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #316
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 4 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Ah...Sorry--I didn't realize that was possible. I've never had a package where Amazon was the delivery service. Mine have always been either UPS, FedEx, or the regular post office.

Shari
I had one that I had ordered for my son. He lives outside Nashville, Tennessee. His address is very new and not on most GPS systems. I am not impressed with delivery by Amazon. They evidently hire people as outside contractors and the quality of service is hit or miss. The girl who was supposed to deliver it called my son and asked where the address was. He gave her the directions, it is right off a major road, and she did not deliver it. The gentleman who delivered it the next day also had trouble finding the address via Amazon's own GPS Delivery App. He had no problems delivering it after getting directions form my son. He did tell him that most other GPS Apps and systems are better than the one Amazon provides it's drivers.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #317
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As of this moment, it is still lost in that space-time warp between Mississauga and Vancouver.
That close to the border I immediately thought held up by customs, but both cities are in Canada already. Unless maybe it is possible it came from the US, got sent to Mississauga and awaiting customs there?
Quote:
As long as it arrives in time for Sept. 7th, no problems. If it does not arrive by then, I'll be very ticked off -- the 'perfect' birthday present is not much use if it is a belated birthday present.
That would totally blow.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:09 PM   #318
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That close to the border I immediately thought held up by customs, but both cities are in Canada already. Unless maybe it is possible it came from the US, got sent to Mississauga and awaiting customs there?
That was my first thought but Amazon CS seems to think it has already left Mississauga. I know that at times Canada Customs seems to have the ability to hold packages for an unreasonable, IMHO, length of time. This was the main reason for ordering the gift with a lot of lead time.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:34 AM   #319
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle PW2 and Voyage; Kobo Aura HD and One
I agree with Apache--Amazon's own delivery service is definitely "hit or miss". One of my workmates had a package he was expecting being delivered to our office (which isn't hard to locate). The delivery driver for some reason had a hard time locating our office. My workmate happened to spot the driver out in front of our office heading away without dropping off his package. He ended up catching up with the driver at the corner of the block and getting his package.
Hopefully they'll get better--or else go back to Fed-ex/UPS.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #320
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
This is getting interesting. I just received a shipping update from Amazon. It now states ship date: August 01 and shipped via Canada Post. I checked the tracking on Canada Post and all it says "2018/08/16 Electronic information submitted by shipper". Say goodbye to delivery by Amazon and welcome back to Canada Post. At least, it's in the country and hopefully, on it's way -- assuming that the truck doesn't get blocked by a forest fire or two.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote