Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2015, 05:20 AM   #1
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Firmware 3.14.0 - Mark 6 - Glo HD Factory release

Now that we have a direct link to the 3.14.0 Glo HD factory firmware release, I thought I'd start a thread for it.

This introduces the Mark 6 devices, of which the only one we know for sure is the Glo HD.

Please see the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread for the direct link to the firmware.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:27 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
So, is this release suitable for the H2O and the Glo ......
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:32 AM   #3
luele
Enthusiast
luele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I've tried it with mit Glo and it worked. I found nothing new so far since 3.13. I hope it will also work in other reader but you should have an original image if something strange happened.
luele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This is probably a interim release for the Glo HD. It will be for any early released devices or review samples so that they have something to download when setup. Kobo will probably replace it in the near future. Personally, unless you have a Glo HD in your hands, I would ignore this release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'd second David's advice.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I am not completely sure whether this is new for the Touch or whether I am noticing it only now. On the Kobo Touch, there is now the house symbol in the top menu, so that you can return to the home screen without pressing the physical home button. Again on the Kobo Touch, the slider at the bottom of the library screen has disappeared.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I am not completely sure whether this is new for the Touch or whether I am noticing it only now. On the Kobo Touch, there is now the house symbol in the top menu, so that you can return to the home screen without pressing the physical home button. Again on the Kobo Touch, the slider at the bottom of the library screen has disappeared.
Now that someone has seen it...

Kobo is finally updating the rest of the UI on the Touch to match the newer devices. The bad is the loss of the slider at the bottom of the library lists but tapping the "Page x of y" will display entry box for the page number. The good is the addition of the filters at the top plus sorting options in the collections list. The bottom menu when reading will have changed as well.

And this is one of the reasons I think that the missing "pika" device is a replacement for the Touch.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:28 PM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I usually wait a few days until enough people have said there isn't a problem loading onto other devices before I recognise that the firmware will load on those devices without a problem.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

For the record, I am preparing the update to the KoboTouch driver for the next firmware release. When doing this, I set a variable called "max_supported_fwversion". I am not setting this to 3.14.0, but it will be covered. The update will also add support for the Glo HD.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #10
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
3.15 has been released for all models, Arasyi has posted in the Firmware thread.

I've installed it on my H2O and didn't have any problems, other's here will identify what changes have occurred because I can't really see any differences at the moment.

(In due course, murg will include all the 3.15 variants in the first page post of the Firmware thread.)
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I don't think its officially on the Touch yet, and I'm also sure its not on the Mini.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote