Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Uploading a Word template

Please help me upload an RTF template formatted for the Sony 505. I'm not sure how to do this.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask the question, but the upload help seems to be all about books.

I would greatly appreciate help with this because it has been requested by another member.

BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Write your post, click the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the editor window, then "Manage Attachments" to attach your file to the post.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Harry. Unfortunately, I've tried this and all templates are .dot formats. This was labelled "invalid file" when I tried to attach it. I don't think I can change the file extension to something more acceptable. Is there any way I can upload a .dot?

Oh dear, this does seem complicated. I'm good with word processing, but sometimes technology beats me
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Can you simply append a "valid" extension to your template and then tell users to strip it off to .dot before using?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Thanks Harry. Unfortunately, I've tried this and all templates are .dot formats. This was labelled "invalid file" when I tried to attach it. I don't think I can change the file extension to something more acceptable. Is there any way I can upload a .dot?

Oh dear, this does seem complicated. I'm good with word processing, but sometimes technology beats me
Put it in a ZIP file and upload that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J

I've managed to do it by uploading the pre-template file and explaining how to turn it into a template:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...079#post880079

Tags
rtf, template, upload