Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-01-2022, 09:54 PM   #16
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Rather than try to hack knote which will inevitably break when it gets updated to resize it to A5 why not instead just resize the old notebooks to the Boox size? You'd only have to do it once.

You can do it pretty easily with the "mogrify" command with the free program Imagemagick. It's run from the command line so you have to run it in command prompt. The single line below will convert every single PDF in the current folder to be the same size as what the Note Air exports. Obviously make a backup before trying it as mogrify OVERWRITES the PDFs.

Code:
mogrify -density 72 -define pdf:fit-page=1404x1872 *.pdf
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:17 PM   #17
blmjr
blmjr began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air 2
Here's an update for those interested.

Yes, the 3rd part note aps are unusable on the Note Air because of the tremendous lag time. I just had to try it out for myself.

I have found a solution of sorts. Exporting to PNG then importing it into a blank page of the patient notes does work quite well. Since the template is A5, I wind up taking 5+ pages of notes per session (30 sessions per week) that have to be exported one by one. BUT the final product looks really good. I suppose if Onyx were to enable multi-page PNG export, this would be a usable workaround.

But still more of a hassle than just writing on paper and scanning that.

I do like the technology and very much long for the day I can stop killing so many trees with my note taking. I write 30 or more 8"x10" pages per week. I know that is not the worse thing in the world, but I do have giant bags of shredded paper to take to the curb.

I feel I am so close to that paperless office I've been reading about since the 1980s.

One day for sure!
blmjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2022, 04:02 PM   #18
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Out of curiosity, what is the problem with the PDF page size being large? Can't you just use the Fit Page or Fit Width options of PDF viewers to see the whole page externally?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, export, pdf