Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
cleaning the content.opf file

Hi Guys,
I'm having alot of:
"content.opf(67): duplicate resource:"
errors, after creating an epub from InDesign CS3

I can manually delete this image references which fix the problem, but there could be 1000 of them...
here is a screen grab...I've put red dots next to the line that the shouldn't be there...
So for every image in the job it InDesign will duplicate it for every xhtml and so...

eg If you have 10 xhtml files each with 10 images then those 100 image would be duplicated 10 times and throw up that error message....

It's taking forever to clean them up.
There must be an easier way?

Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Open the .opf in Notepad++ and use a regular expression to replace the erroneous lines with a blank.

I'm guessing that you have 2 images in each chapter, and they're all linked to the same sources on disk. If you want to avoid having to clean up the opf and can accept a bit of bloat in your epub, then a solution might be to create copies of the images with distinct names for each chapter and link to those in your source documents.

I never used CS3 to create epubs, but I do know a lot of people complained about how buggy its epub export filter was. Unfortunately, even CS5 fails to address this issue properly and creates a copy of each repeated image rather than simply linking to a single version.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Nuts... I was hoping CS5 (which is in trasit) would have this problem fixed.
I was hoping someone would have made a script or something which would at least get it to a point of Validating (epubcheck+kindleGen).

Yeah, I've been using ^.*-jpeg-.*$ to clean up the lines... But so time consuming...

Last edited by Adjust; 07-28-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I guess it could be added to the "ePUB fix" plugins in Calibre.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Adjust
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I guess it could be added to the "ePUB fix" plugins in Calibre.
Well here's hoping, I can't be the only one out there frustrated by this...
It's a real PITA and takes forever to strip these lines out if you have a image heavy conversion
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
saytionne
saytionne began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
does the ePub fix actually do anything?
saytionne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
Adjust
Addict

I don't think it's being added...

It turns out InDesign CS5 fixes most of these issues. Not sure about CS4 though