Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Today, 05:12 AM   #346
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
I went in to B&N today to check out the Glowlight 3 and it's a really, really nice device.

The version of Treasure Island (which I'm coincidentally reading currently) on the display model was messed up. Pages out of order between chapters 16 and 17. It would be easy enough to fix in Sigil I think, but that got me to thinking about how it's in the walled off partition and inaccessible. So I'd have to sideload a book that's already on the device to read it.

I'll still be buying one as a gift, but for myself I'll either stick with my Aura or get the Glowlight Plus.

Last edited by ZodWallop; Today at 05:28 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:17 AM   #347
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I do have a comment about these review videos. One feature that's important to me gets all but ignored by the reviewers and that's the margin size in settings. I like wide margins when I read because I think I read faster and easier that way without struggling to get back to the start of the next line. It just ssems more graceful to me. I realize I'm in the minority with this.

The problem is that I never see the margins in these video reviews. Everything is done with the narrow margins. I'd like to see all three margins compared.

This is a feature that's never reviewed or compared in any videos by any reviewer and I think it's worth taking a look at.
Barry, I played with the margins on the Glowlight 3 and the narrowest is as rcentros said, about an inch/inch and a quarter in from the screen on each side.

You have a Plus. With the newest update, the software seems to be the same as the 3 (I think). It ought to give you a good idea anyway.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:02 AM   #348
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
There's no way I would pay for B&N's stupidity. All that's doing is telling B&N that it's OK to be stupid and partition the memory.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #349
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Oasis 2, Onyx T68 Lynx
Black Friday deal for the Glowlight 3 will be $100.

Here's their deals page:
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/bla...r-monday-deals
lkmiller is online now   Reply With Quote