Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 11:11 PM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
this may shed some light no pun intended

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...medium=twitter
Which photo? None seem to be demonstrating the light bleeding problem that has been discussed here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:26 PM   #47
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which photo? None seem to be demonstrating the light bleeding problem that has been discussed here.
the title, Kobo Clara HD Light Bleed Issue – Comparison Photos is pretty self explanatory.

the 2nd photo down on it's own clearly shows light bleed in 2 spots on the left side and 2 spots on the right side.

also the next photo down titled the Kobo left, Nook Glowlight 3 right also shows the light bleed on both sides.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 11:27 PM   #48
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
I thought it was ME!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #49
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
the title, Kobo Clara HD Light Bleed Issue – Comparison Photos is pretty self explanatory.

the 2nd photo down on it's own clearly shows light bleed in 2 spots on the left side and 2 spots on the right side.

also the next photo down titled the Kobo left, Nook Glowlight 3 right also shows the light bleed on both sides.

best wishes koboy
Are you talking about the 2 light cones on the sides?

13 lights with 7 across the bottom & 3 on Each side

Last edited by Barbara1955; 06-28-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:36 PM   #50
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Are you talking about the 2 light cones on the sides?
i'm obviously talking about the title of the article, Kobo Clara HD Light Bleed Issue – Comparison Photos.

on the comparison photo the Kobo Clara HD left, Nook Glowlight 3 right. the screen on the Nook Glowlight 3 clearly looks considerably more even/better.

best wishes koboy
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 11:47 PM   #51
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
so are you saying the title of the article, Kobo Clara HD Light Bleed Issue – Comparison Photos. is wrong?

the light bleed/cones or whatever you wish to call it looks terrible and i would send it straight back.

best wishes koboy
Old 06-28-2018, 11:48 PM   #52
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
i'm obviously talking about the title of the article, Kobo Clara HD Light Bleed Issue – Comparison Photos.

on the comparison photo the Kobo Clara HD left, Nook Glowlight 3 right. the screen on the Nook Glowlight 3 clearly looks considerably more even/better.

best wishes koboy
Well the Nooks Don't have 13 Lights is a small 6 " Device
Old 06-28-2018, 11:52 PM   #53
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Well the Nooks Don't have 13 Lights is a small 6 " Device

each to their own. i know which one of the two that i believe looks the best and it certainly isn't the one on the left.

best wishes koboy
Old 06-29-2018, 12:20 AM   #54
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've got a Kobo Clara and I've been using it for two weeks (more or less). I must confess, I wouldn't have noted that small light difference in the bottom if not for all the scandal here. I don't know if I'm lucky or no sensitive to those themes (no, I'm not going to photo my screen), but these are my two cents.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:24 AM   #55
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've got a Kobo Clara and I've been using it for two weeks (more or less). I must confess, I wouldn't have noted that small light difference in the bottom if not for all the scandal here. I don't know if I'm lucky or no sensitive to those themes (no, I'm not going to photo my screen), but these are my two cents.

What happens to those spots when the Color changes?
Old 06-29-2018, 12:38 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Quote:
so are you saying the title of the article, Kobo Clara HD Light Bleed Issue – Comparison Photos. is wrong?

the light bleed/cones or whatever you wish to call it looks terrible and i would send it straight back.
Yes, it does have that title, but if you read the article, the author actually questions if they are using the right terms.

And looking at the pictures, I can see the cones at the bottom. They don't look any worse than the Glo, but are probably worse than the Glo HD.

But, I don't believe that is what has been discussed here, though they have been mentioned. Unless I completely misunderstand, people have been talking about light coming in from the sides. Or at least that seems to be what is fixed with tape solution. And someone has stated that it probably bugs people using very small margins. If the complaints are about those cones coming from the sides near the bottom, then it isn't going to be stopping me buying one of these if I decide to replace my Glo HD (and don't go for the larger screen Aura ONE). My assumption has been it is affecting a lot more of the screen.

Can someone with one of these devices please educate me on exactly what you are seeing? And even better post some photos that demonstrate it. Are those photos typical? Or does it affect the screen a lot more.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:46 AM   #57
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What happens to those spots when the Color changes?
I don't really know, I've seen them but I don't really are looking at them while I read.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:48 AM   #58
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, it does have that title, but if you read the article, the author actually questions if they are using the right terms.

And looking at the pictures, I can see the cones at the bottom. They don't look any worse than the Glo, but are probably worse than the Glo HD.

But, I don't believe that is what has been discussed here, though they have been mentioned. Unless I completely misunderstand, people have been talking about light coming in from the sides. Or at least that seems to be what is fixed with tape solution. And someone has stated that it probably bugs people using very small margins. If the complaints are about those cones coming from the sides near the bottom, then it isn't going to be stopping me buying one of these if I decide to replace my Glo HD (and don't go for the larger screen Aura ONE). My assumption has been it is affecting a lot more of the screen.

Can someone with one of these devices please educate me on exactly what you are seeing? And even better post some photos that demonstrate it. Are those photos typical? Or does it affect the screen a lot more.
which is exactly what my post at 650 replying to you is saying. i specifically mentioned the 2 spots on the left hand side and the 2 or 3 spots on the right hand side on the 2nd photo . i didn't/wasn't referring to the bottom of the screen.

best wishes koboy
Old 06-29-2018, 01:51 AM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
which is exactly what my post at 650 replying to you is saying. i specifically mentioned the 2 spots on the left hand side and the 2 or 3 spots on the right hand side on the 2nd photo . i didn't/wasn't referring to the bottom of the screen.
Could you please actually read the posts.

Firstly, I quoted two of your posts. One of those was post #650.

Then I referred to the spots on the side. Though really only the bottom one as it is the wost and I hadn't really seen the others.

So I obviously know that you are referring to those small cones of light.

But, if you had read my post you would have seen that I was actually asking if that is what everyone else is talking about. I want confirmation from someone with the device that this is the problem being discussed in this thread. You can't do that because you don't have a Clara HD. Of course, if I missed a post clearly describing the problem, then please point it out.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:57 AM   #60
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But, if you had read my post you would have seen that I was actually asking if that is what everyone else is talking about. I want confirmation from someone with the device that this is the problem being discussed in this thread. You can't do that because you don't have a Clara HD. Of course, if I missed a post clearly describing the problem, then please point it out.
Unless I'm wrong., yes, that's the problem, and I think it is smaller in my Clara (or I don't get it, but it's not so exaggerated).