Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
wealthychef
wealthychef began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks and Kindle and Calibre
Question Images from AZW3 Lonely Planet books are downsampled in ePub output

Hello,
I use a lot of travel books and prefer to read them in iBooks, so I convert them to ePub format from AZW3. I have noticed that for e.g. Lonely Planet guide books, the maps and other high resolution images are being downsampled in the conversion. I tried setting the output profile to "tablet" which says it "does not resizing of images." However, the images are still coming out crappy. Any ideas how to improve this situation? Thanks!
wealthychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 AM   #3
wealthychef
wealthychef began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks and Kindle and Calibre
Talking

I think I figured out the problem -- the "Tablet" option was not "sticky" in the sense that it kept reverting back to "Kindle Paperwhite." Thus the images were being resized. As of now, I'm not able to reproduce my issue. Thanks for the reply.
wealthychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...for-conversion
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw3, epub, images