Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
Querencia_tala_
Querencia_tala_ began at the beginning.

Device: Wattpad
Smile Humour/romance

So,the thing is I've written a novel (or atleast started writing it)
And i wanted to get your guys opinion and support, because if you could
Than that would mean the world to me! Thankyou.

Jason Welgrew Is A Not So Typical Student ,Or atleast he thinks of him as being one he is the type of person who thinks a lot and has a lot going into his mind...you would see where this tale of not-so typical yet relatable boy goes. And hopefully enjoy it, every view counts... thank you.

Link : https://www.wattpad.com/story/145347681 (please give it a try)

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-17-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: substituted for shortened URL
Querencia_tala_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Shouldn't this be in the Shameless Promotion thread?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Shouldn't this be in the Shameless Promotion thread?
No. The OP said she's started writing a novel and is seeking input.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I took a very quick look at it. The writing needs lots of editing. When you've finished, if you want to publish this, maybe have it looked at by a professional editor.
Is English your first language? I got the impression that it may not be.
I didn't read enough of it to say anything about the storyline.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
BookCat, you have been very kind in your assessment. One of the reasons I left this alone was that I could not make out the true intention of the post and sample text; it did not seem like a serious offering to me.

The text as it is now is too poorly presented to even start to make out the the story. It looks like it was typed in as a series of text messages on a phone. Poor sentence structure, poor paragraphing, inconsistent dialogue presentation. It is barely comprehensible, and very few readers are going to put in the effort needed to understand the text.

Either the author is lazy or they do not know how to present narrative text in English, either problem can be fixed. Do the best you can to make the text understandable first, then ask some friends - who read English stories and know how they should be presented - to help you check the text before going public again. As it is now, all you are doing is turning people away.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2018, 11:08 PM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I agree that this beginning needs a lot of editing, but hey, a rough draft is expected to be rough, right? I could be interested in this story, but right now it isn't ready to be presented. Don't get discouraged though!

One last thought - are you writing YA because you are YA? The voice sounds very young, but maybe that's just your intention.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote