Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 01:50 AM   #46
Amazondoc
Enthusiast
Amazondoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX and Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have no problem with that except for cases that result in the author not being paid.
Right. What I had in mind, though, was things like Kindle for Mac, Kindle for PC, Kindle for iPad, Kindle for iPhone, and so on. I was thinking of cases where a Kindle app, but not a Kindle device, was being used. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that any KU book should be "read" in whatever form we believe is likely to get the author paid before that book is "returned" to Amazon from whatever device or app is being used.

Quote:
There is no need to record the start and stop time of each page. It could work by recording the start time when the user flips or scrolls the screen and then comparing it to the current time when a new page was displayed to see if it was long enough. If so then set the one bit that represents that page.
I'm very sleepy right now, but I can almost see this working -- with the provisos that you'd have to do something like key the start times for something like a specific word or letter rather than a "page" as such, to take into account the variable formatting, and the possibility of continual scrolling as opposed to paging, and assuming that the app always has access to a clock. And then you'd have to add up how many pages qualified for time spent and calculate the percentage of total pages qualifying. That seems kind of ridiculous to me, but I don't suppose it would take many bytes to record the results.

Quote:
In any case I doubt that Amazon is doing anything this complicated. More likely they just use the highest page reached, as they did before, but also apply a sanity check based on the total time the book was open for reading to make sure that the user did not skip over to many pages to get there.
Given that the only thing they're saying is "number of pages read", and given the multiple devices and so on being used (meaning that the simplest method will be most widely generalizable across all apps and devices), I still believe that it's most likely the only thing they're paying attention to is the highest page reached -- but y'all have given me good things to think about, and you may well be correct in your suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed
Hey folks, how does the current wordy and protracted discussion about how Amazon counts the number 'pages' read relate to converting KFX files with Calibre?
It really doesn't, except tangentially. It originally started with a comment made by a different poster who made a statement before I ever entered the discussion, and then took off when I started posting and included a reaction to that earlier post in my own entry. Sorry for the digression! But I think we've pretty well talked it out anyway, so we can return to our regularly scheduled thread.

And thanks to all who participated in both the on-topic and off-topic portions of my queries!

Last edited by Amazondoc; 06-28-2018 at 01:57 AM.
Amazondoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:24 AM   #47
frisket
frisket began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've moved the Calibre-related posts to the Calibre forum.
Can someone post the URI for that particular Calibre forum, please?
frisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:35 AM   #48
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisket View Post
Can someone post the URI for that particular Calibre forum, please?
You are posting in it. This thread started as posts elsewhere, and were moved here as being the appropriate place for the discussion.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #49
frisket
frisket began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You are posting in it. This thread started as posts elsewhere, and were moved here as being the appropriate place for the discussion.
Sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought I was in some kind of archive.

P
frisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:00 PM   #50
HDMW
HDMW began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Muse
Log file showing failure to import KFX file to Calibre

Calibre 3,29, DeDRM plugin, KFX-input, Mac High Sierra

Hello List : The following log file makes no sense to me. I'd appreciate comments. I'd like to get a recently purchased book into my Bookeen Muse via Calibre.
Regards : Hubert Wagner

Spoiler:
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Kailasa"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "GujaratiSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "GurmukhiMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "KannadaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "KhmerSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "LaoSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "MalayalamSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "MyanmarSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "OriyaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "SinhalaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "TamilSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Mshtakan"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "EuphemiaUCAS"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "PlantagenetCherokee"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Kokonor"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "AppleMyungjo"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "ITFDevanagari-Book"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "GujaratiSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "GurmukhiMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "KannadaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "KhmerMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "LaoMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "MalayalamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "MyanmarMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "OriyaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "SinhalaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "TamilSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Mshtakan"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "EuphemiaUCAS"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "PlantagenetCherokee"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Kokonor"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "KannadaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "KhmerSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "LaoSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "MalayalamSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "MyanmarSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "OriyaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "SinhalaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Apple-Chancery"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "AppleMyungjo"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "KannadaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "KhmerMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "LaoMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "MalayalamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "MyanmarMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "OriyaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "SinhalaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Zapfino"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Ayuthaya"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name "Kailasa"
calibre Debug log
calibre 3.29 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Thu Jun 21 22:53:14 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.12
OSX: ('10.13.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && DeDRM (6, 6, 1) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && KFX Input (1, 7, 0)
calibre 3.29 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Thu Jun 21 22:53:14 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.12
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && DeDRM (6, 6, 1) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && KFX Input (1, 7, 0)
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 72.0 x 72.0
physicalDpi: 114.000001712 x 114.000001712
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.05] Showing splash screen...
[0.23] splash screen shown
[0.23] Initializing db...
[0.34] db initialized
[0.34] Constructing main UI...
[2.25] main UI initialized...
[2.25] Hiding splash screen
[2.25] splash screen hidden
[2.26] Started up in 2.26 seconds with 1650 books
objc[81471]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fff95a34c90) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x11ff0ecd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) 1.7.0: Importing /Users/HDMW/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content/B073FSTKRH_EBOK/tmp/B073FSTKRH_EBOK.azw
Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input): Cannot locate some files needed for the book. KFX files must remain in their original folder structure for successful import.
Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input): Gathered 1 file(s) as /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_Y_kcb7/Aci2T5.kfx-zip
DeDRM v6.6.1: Trying to decrypt Aci2T5.kfx-zip
Using Library AlfCrypto DLL/DYLIB/SO
Decrypting KFX-ZIP ebook: Aci2T5
Found 1 keys to try after 0.1 seconds
DeDRM v6.6.1: Failed to decrypt with error: The .kfx-zip archive contains an encrypted DRMION file without a DRM voucher
DeDRM v6.6.1: Looking for new default Kindle Key after 0.1 seconds
Found k4Mac kinf2011 file: /Users/HDMW/Library/Containers/com.amazon.Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/storage/.kinf2011
Found k4Mac kinf2011 file: /Users/HDMW/Library/Application Support/Kindle/storage/.kinf2011
Decrypted key file using IDString 'e5c92a0ba6f2' and UserName 'HDMW'
Couldn't decrypt file.
DeDRM v6.6.1: Found 1 new key
Decrypting KFX-ZIP ebook: Aci2T5
Got DSN key from database default_key_1
Found 1 keys to try after 6.6 seconds
DeDRM v6.6.1: Ultimately failed to decrypt after 6.6 seconds. Read the FAQs at Harper's repository: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...master/FAQs.md
Running file type plugin DeDRM failed with traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 171, in _run_filetype_plugins
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 621, in run
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 571, in KindleMobiDecrypt
DeDRMError: DeDRM v6.6.1: Ultimately failed to decrypt after 6.6 seconds. Read the FAQs at Harper's repository: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...master/FAQs.md
Running file type plugin Package KFX (from KFX Input) failed with traceback:
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 171, in _run_filetype_plugins
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.package_filetype", line 22, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.package_filetype", line 35, in run_kfx
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 76, in convert_to_single_kfx
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 149, in decode_book
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 260, in get_container
KFXDRMError: Book container B073FSTKRH_EBOK.azw has DRM and cannot be converted
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 427, in get_file_type_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.metadata_reader", line 28, in get_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 121, in get_metadata
Exception: Failed to locate a KFX container with metadata
Package KFX (from KFX Input) 1.7.0: Packaging /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_Y_kcb7/Aci2T5.kfx-zip
Processing container: B073FSTKRH_EBOK.azw
KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) activated for /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_Y_kcb7/ea397__add_books/0/B073FSTKRH_EBOK.kfx-zip
Added B073FSTKRH EBOK to db in: 0.1
Added 1 books in 7.5 seconds

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-23-2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: wrap spoiler around log text
HDMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #51
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMW View Post
Calibre 3,29, DeDRM plugin, KFX-input, Mac High Sierra

Hello List : The following log file makes no sense to me. I'd appreciate comments. I'd like to get a recently purchased book into my Bookeen Muse via Calibre.
The "tmp" folder that is part of the name of the file you imported indicates that the book was not completely downloaded to Kindle for Mac before you tried to import it.

Remove that book and download it again.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:32 AM   #52
HDMW

Log file showing failure to import KFX file to Calibre - 2

The "tmp" folder that is part of the name of the file you imported indicates that the book was not completely downloaded to Kindle for Mac before you tried to import it.

Remove that book and download it again.

Hello JH : Done. As far as I can see the result is the same. Here is the log file.
Calibre imports the book. However it cannot be opened or converted. On conversion to ePUB the error is :
"Cannot convert...this book is locked by DRM..."

Code:
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Kailasa"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "GujaratiSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "GurmukhiMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "KannadaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "KhmerSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "LaoSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "MalayalamSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "MyanmarSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "OriyaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "SinhalaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "TamilSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Mshtakan"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "EuphemiaUCAS"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "PlantagenetCherokee"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Kokonor"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "AppleMyungjo"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "ITFDevanagari-Book"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "GujaratiSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "GurmukhiMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "KannadaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "KhmerMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "LaoMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "MalayalamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "MyanmarMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "OriyaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "SinhalaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "TamilSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Mshtakan"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "EuphemiaUCAS"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "PlantagenetCherokee"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Kokonor"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "KannadaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "KhmerSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "LaoSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "MalayalamSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "MyanmarSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "OriyaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "SinhalaSangamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Apple-Chancery"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "AppleMyungjo"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "KannadaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "KhmerMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "LaoMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "MalayalamMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "MyanmarMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "OriyaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "SinhalaMN"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Zapfino"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Ayuthaya"
QCoreTextFontDatabase: Failed to resolve family name for PostScript name  "Kailasa"
calibre Debug log
calibre 3.29  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Python 2.7.12
calibre 3.29  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Python 2.7.12
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 72.0 x 72.0
physicalDpi: 114.000001712 x 114.000001712
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.05] Showing splash screen...
[0.23] splash screen shown
[0.23] Initializing db...
[0.34] db initialized
[0.34] Constructing main UI...
[2.11] main UI initialized...
[2.11] Hiding splash screen
[2.11] splash screen hidden
[2.11] Started up in 2.11 seconds with 1651 books
objc[83974]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fff95a34c90) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x11a3b3cd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) 1.7.0: Importing /Users/HDMW/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content/B073FSTKRH_EBOK/B073FSTKRH_EBOK.azw
Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input): Gathered 3 file(s) as /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/bCwhPG.kfx-zip
DeDRM v6.6.1: Trying to decrypt bCwhPG.kfx-zip
Decrypting KFX-ZIP ebook: bCwhPG
Found 1 keys to try after 0.1 seconds
DeDRM v6.6.1: Failed to decrypt with error: The .kfx-zip archive contains an encrypted DRMION file without a DRM voucher
DeDRM v6.6.1: Looking for new default Kindle Key after 0.1 seconds
Found k4Mac kinf2011 file: /Users/HDMW/Library/Containers/com.amazon.Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/storage/.kinf2011
Found k4Mac kinf2011 file: /Users/HDMW/Library/Application Support/Kindle/storage/.kinf2011
Couldn't decrypt file.
Decrypting KFX-ZIP ebook: bCwhPG
Found 1 keys to try after 6.1 seconds
DeDRM v6.6.1: Ultimately failed to decrypt after 6.1 seconds. Read the FAQs at Harper's repository: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...master/FAQs.md
DeDRMError: DeDRM v6.6.1: Ultimately failed to decrypt after 6.1 seconds. Read the FAQs at Harper's repository: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...master/FAQs.md
  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 76, in convert_to_single_kfx
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 427, in get_file_type_metadata
Package KFX (from KFX Input) 1.7.0: Packaging /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/bCwhPG.kfx-zip
KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) activated for /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/NJDf8c_add_books/0/B073FSTKRH_EBOK.kfx-zip
Failed to extract content from CR!088AJHF9H10BD219DCD4PDQMVZR1.azw.md: Unable to determine KFX container type of CR!088AJHF9H10BD219DCD4PDQMVZR1.azw.md ()
Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) 1.7.0: Importing /Users/HDMW/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content/B073FSTKRH_EBOK/B073FSTKRH_EBOK.azw
Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input): Gathered 3 file(s) as /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/_wzwgw.kfx-zip
DeDRM v6.6.1: Trying to decrypt _wzwgw.kfx-zip
Decrypting KFX-ZIP ebook: _wzwgw
Found 1 keys to try after 0.2 seconds
DeDRM v6.6.1: Looking for new default Kindle Key after 0.2 seconds
Couldn't decrypt file.
Decrypting KFX-ZIP ebook: _wzwgw
Found 1 keys to try after 6.3 seconds
DeDRM v6.6.1: Ultimately failed to decrypt after 6.3 seconds. Read the FAQs at Harper's repository: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...master/FAQs.md
DeDRMError: DeDRM v6.6.1: Ultimately failed to decrypt after 6.3 seconds. Read the FAQs at Harper's repository: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...master/FAQs.md
Package KFX (from KFX Input) 1.7.0: Packaging /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/_wzwgw.kfx-zip
KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) activated for /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/XRRZy7_add_books/0/B073FSTKRH_EBOK.kfx-zip
Failed to extract content from CR!088AJHF9H10BD219DCD4PDQMVZR1.azw.md: Unable to determine KFX container type of CR!088AJHF9H10BD219DCD4PDQMVZR1.azw.md ()
Added 0 books in 42.8 seconds
Added B073FSTKRH EBOK to db in: 0.2
Added 1 books in 7.3 seconds
2018-08-24 15:25:41.323 Calibre[84029:5776521] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
* Notification delivered.
Worker Launch took: 0.159121990204
Job: 1 Convert book 1 of 1 (B073FSTKRH EBOK) finished
Convert book 1 of 1 (B073FSTKRH EBOK)
	Conversion options changed from defaults:
	  read_metadata_from_opf: u'/var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/HOTrKP.opf'
	  output_profile: 'generic_eink'
	  verbose: 2
	Resolved conversion options
	calibre version: 3.29.0
	{'allow_conversion_with_errors': False,
	 'asciiize': False,
	 'author_sort': None,
	 'authors': None,
	 'base_font_size': 0.0,
	 'book_producer': None,
	 'change_justification': u'original',
	 'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|prologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
	 'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
	 'comments': None,
	 'cover': None,
	 'debug_pipeline': None,
	 'dehyphenate': True,
	 'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
	 'disable_font_rescaling': False,
	 'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
	 'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
	 'embed_all_fonts': False,
	 'embed_font_family': None,
	 'enable_heuristics': False,
	 'epub_flatten': False,
	 'epub_inline_toc': False,
	 'epub_toc_at_end': False,
	 'epub_version': u'2',
	 'expand_css': False,
	 'extra_css': None,
	 'extract_to': None,
	 'filter_css': u'',
	 'fix_indents': True,
	 'flow_size': 260,
	 'font_size_mapping': None,
	 'format_scene_breaks': True,
	 'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
	 'input_encoding': None,
	 'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x116b0f890>,
	 'insert_blank_line': False,
	 'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
	 'insert_metadata': False,
	 'isbn': None,
	 'italicize_common_cases': True,
	 'keep_ligatures': False,
	 'language': None,
	 'level1_toc': None,
	 'level2_toc': None,
	 'level3_toc': None,
	 'line_height': 0.0,
	 'linearize_tables': False,
	 'margin_bottom': 5.0,
	 'margin_left': 5.0,
	 'margin_right': 5.0,
	 'margin_top': 5.0,
	 'markup_chapter_headings': True,
	 'max_toc_links': 50,
	 'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
	 'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
	 'no_default_epub_cover': False,
	 'no_inline_navbars': False,
	 'no_svg_cover': False,
	 'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.GenericEink object at 0x116b0fc90>,
	 'page_breaks_before': u'/',
	 'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
	 'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
	 'pretty_print': True,
	 'pubdate': None,
	 'publisher': None,
	 'rating': None,
	 'read_metadata_from_opf': u'/var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/HOTrKP.opf',
	 'remove_fake_margins': True,
	 'remove_first_image': False,
	 'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
	 'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
	 'renumber_headings': True,
	 'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
	 'search_replace': '[]',
	 'series': None,
	 'series_index': None,
	 'smarten_punctuation': False,
	 'sr1_replace': None,
	 'sr1_search': None,
	 'sr2_replace': None,
	 'sr2_search': None,
	 'sr3_replace': None,
	 'sr3_search': None,
	 'start_reading_at': None,
	 'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
	 'tags': None,
	 'timestamp': None,
	 'title': None,
	 'title_sort': None,
	 'toc_filter': None,
	 'toc_threshold': 6,
	 'toc_title': None,
	 'transform_css_rules': '[]',
	 'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
	 'unwrap_lines': True,
	 'use_auto_toc': False,
	 'verbose': 2}
	  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 98, in convert
	  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 198, in convert_from_kfx
	  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 95, in convert_to_epub
	Python function terminated unexpectedly: This book has DRM!
	InputFormatPlugin: KFX Input running
	on /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/khD7MJ.kfx-zip
	Software versions: KFX Input 1.7.0, calibre 3.29, Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
	KFX Input plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290
	Converting /var/folders/92/l0wvw54j0lgfg44rqkv1s8yh0000gn/C/calibre_3.29.0_tmp_nvd626/khD7MJ.kfx-zip
	  File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 154, in main
	    return run_entry_point()
	  File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 114, in run_entry_point
	    return getattr(pmod, func)()
	  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 195, in main
	  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 33, in gui_convert_override
	  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
	  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1106, in run
	  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 246, in __call__
	  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 101, in convert
	calibre.ebooks.DRMError: This book has DRM!

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-24-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #53
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMW View Post
Hello JH : Done. As far as I can see the result is the same. Here is the log file.
Calibre imports the book. However it cannot be opened or converted. On conversion to ePUB the error is :
"Cannot convert...this book is locked by DRM..."
It is actually slightly better than the last time. The KFX Input plugin was able to locate three of the four files that make up that book. I can't explain why the last file was not found. I don't have a Mac and things may work differently there than I expect.

I have some questions to help me understand what is happening.

I don't see how that book could function without the missing file. Can you open and read that book using the Kindle for Mac program?

What are the names of all of the files in your "/Users/HDMW/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content/B073FSTKRH_EBOK" folder?

Added: I think that we should take this discussion to Apprentice Harper's GitHub since the missing file is preventing the removal of DRM from that book and discussion of the details of DRM removal is not allowed on this site.

Last edited by jhowell; 08-24-2018 at 01:32 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:21 AM   #54
HDMW

Log file showing failure to import KFX file to Calibre - 2

For books I bought from Amazon before the file type change I removed DRM, converted to ePub and loaded into Calibre. From there I move a file to Bookeen Muse as needed.

However, keeping track of which Amazon file is which is difficult because the file names are meaningless (at least to me).

“I don't see how that book could function without the missing file. Can you open and read that book using the Kindle for Mac program?”

Yes.

Indeed, I’ve removed and trashed all the old and new Amazon files from /Users/HDMW/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content/ and all the books in the Kindle for Mac application are still readable. Either the files are stored somewhere else or KfM is reading these files direct from the server.

I guess I will wait until Apprentice Harper/Alf comes up with a plugin to handle this problem. Until then I’ll stop buying eBooks from Amazon.

I note Mr Howell owns four eBook readers. This is precisely the situation I wish to avoid, namely where each book requires one of four unique eReaders. I've come to the conclusion eBooks are fine for light reading. More important books are better kept in paper form. This is a pity but forced on us by marketing stupidity.