Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-21-2022, 03:04 PM   #1
GaryG45
GaryG45 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 10.5
Management of Apple Books on iPad

I'm beginning to use Calibre on Windows 10, and for reading I use an iPad Pro 10.5 with the Books and Kindle for iOS apps. I'd like to know how to manage the Apple Books that I've purchased with Calibre. I've had no problems adding my non-Apple ebooks to Calibre. One option I'm thinking about is to create an empty book in Calibre for each of my purchased Apple Books and update the metadata as best as I can.

I've seen apps that can supposedly copy books from the iPad to my PC, but because of DRM I don't know if that is another option or a waste of time.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Gary
GaryG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 05:11 PM   #2
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
I think your idea of the empty file and manual updating thereof is probably the only certain way of achieving this. Apple's DRM/Encryption is strong and updated periodically.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert