Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 02:44 AM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Metadata ID - url links don't open in browser

Hi,

I'm using Calibre 3.38 and in previous versions of Calibre if I clicked on the metadata ID link in the main window of Calibre, the link would open in my browser. Now nothing happens. I've attached screenshots of the metadata ID url I used and the link I clicked on.

I don't think I've changed anything on my anti-virus software or in Calibre. I'd appreciate any advice on this topic. My current work-around is to copy the link, but I'm not sure why clicking on it no longer works.

Best Regards,
Amalthia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata ID.PNG
Views:	123
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	169197   Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata ID 2.PNG
Views:	117
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	169198  
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hi,

I'm using Calibre 3.38 and in previous versions of Calibre if I clicked on the metadata ID link in the main window of Calibre, the link would open in my browser. Now nothing happens. I've attached screenshots of the metadata ID url I used and the link I clicked on.

I don't think I've changed anything on my anti-virus software or in Calibre. I'd appreciate any advice on this topic. My current work-around is to copy the link, but I'm not sure why clicking on it no longer works.

Best Regards,
Amalthia
Update to 3.38.1 , That works for me
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:33 AM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Sadly, updating to 3.38.1 didn't work.

EDIT: Never mind it's working now! Updating to 3.38.1 did the trick. Thanks!

Last edited by Amalthia; 01-21-2019 at 04:35 AM. Reason: correction
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote