Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
OneNote Handwriting Latency in Firmware 2.0.1?

I'm considering getting a BOOX Note, primarily as a note-taking device.

I do all of my note taking in one-note, and I've read that with the earlier firmware versions the latency between writing and the stroke appearing on the screen in 3rd party apps is far too long to be usable.

Has anyone tested this with the latest firmware that's been released? Is there any way to sync the factory note app w/ OneNote?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:50 PM   #2
FurryACiD
FurryACiD began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro
I just tried it out and the latency is terrible.
FurryACiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:26 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryACiD View Post
I just tried it out and the latency is terrible.
Bummer, thanks for checking.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #4
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Interesting.

I just tried it myself and found it to be OK. There is latency but it seemed acceptable to me.

I tried writing faster and it was still OK.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
tomul
tomul began at the beginning.

Device: none
Latency of 3rd party apps is terrible. I only use the built in note app that shows nearly no latency.
tomul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:46 PM   #6
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Does anyone use Nebo with Onyx Boox Max 2? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ipt.nebo&hl=en
I use it on a Windows 2-in-1 and it works very well. Unfortunately it isn't compatible with my "old" Onyx Boox Max 1.
Is the pen correctly recognized? How is the latency?
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:57 PM   #7
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
It's not an application thing, it is a system problem.

every third party app, will have a huge input lag, no matter which one, it will have lag
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote