Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #1
tsar2512
tsar2512 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Calibre ebook-convertor only

Hi,

I am looking for ways to strip down calibre into a version which only has the dependencies required for the e-book convertor. I do not need the reader, the UI or any of the other aspects of calibre. Could you please guide on how to proceed?

Thanks,
Tsar
tsar2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can't do so easily. Calibre is very integrated. You would spend more time than it's worth and I don't think anyone here is going to help as it's not worth the bother and a rather big bother it would be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I agree that it would be a lot of work for very little benefit.

Calibre already has a command line conversion command if you just want to avoid using the GUI.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Calibre already has a command line conversion command if you just want to avoid using the GUI.
If you were minded you could wrap the command in a 'friendlier' user interface.

I have a vague memory that there are already some web based conversion tools that do precisely that - i.e. a web front end to calibre's ebook-convert command.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:02 AM   #5
tsar2512
tsar2512 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I realize calibre has a command line convertor, but I'd like to remove everything else except for whatever relies on the command line convertor to have a smaller footprint, and reduced security risks.

If I *HAVE TO* go down this line and slice off at least some of the parts which are not needed, which part can be more easily sliced off. Any guidance will be appreciated.

I am primarily looking to convert only epubs to pdfs, and mobi's to pdf.

- Nipun
tsar2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:10 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Removing code that is never executed does not reduce security risks. And no you cannot "slice off" any parts of calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre has never been a security risk. So there's no need to "slice off" any prts to make it more secure.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook-convert