Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #46
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Amazon Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Thank you. I did notice that Amazon offers a 48-hour period for most movies. A few are 7 days.
If you buy Amazon Prime for $ 79 per year ( the first month is free), you get unlimited streaming of all the Amazon movies made available for Prime. Plus you get 2 day free shipping on all purchaes without a minimum amount in the order.

I just ordered it and got my delivery date shortened to Nov. 17, 2011.

I also tried some streaming movies and they work fine on my TV. I believe our Kindle Fire will come with Amazon Prime enabled for streaming movies.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #47
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Satellite broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
i would like to download video as well... i live in a rural area that has no broadband internet at all so streaming is not an options .. and most all the tv's/internet content boxes and stuff require 1-3 megabyte broadband service to work and despite living 6 miles out of town i wont have any broadband internet for another 20 years at the rate things are going here in wisconsin
You can now get satellite broadband anywhere in the US. See the following site for just one of many providers:

http://www.wildblue.com/

You can now buy your Kindle Fire with WiFi. Enjoy.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #48
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
You can now get satellite broadband anywhere in the US. See the following site for just one of many providers:

http://www.wildblue.com/

You can now buy your Kindle Fire with WiFi. Enjoy.
i tried wildblue for a year.. best download speed i got was 698kps download despite the technician comming out 4 times and i had such high latency i was unable to use instant messaging services or voice chats or video streaming, also there was a 500 megabytes per (yes megabyte not gigs) of data capped per month at the time when i had it so i would be unable to stream any video from fox news or cnn or anywhere period and btw upstream is still limited to 56kps dialup.

So i ended up trying the hugesnet from Direct tv and it was nearly the same only customer service was worse.

No offense intended but Satelite internet is one of the worst forms of internet available and is only good if all you ever do is read text heavy web pages.. all satelite companies have horribly bad latency times and horribly low data caps preventing you from downloading pretty much anything at all.

So Wild blue, hughesnet are not an option if you want more infor wikipedia does a good job describing the unsuitability of current satelite internet options http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Internet_access
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #49
sirmaru
Wizard

Still useable for eBooks

Quote:
No offense intended but Satelite internet is one of the worst forms of internet available and is only good if all you ever do is read text heavy web pages.. all satelite companies have horribly bad latency times and horribly low data caps preventing you from downloading pretty much anything at all.
That's really too bad. I was unaware of those problems. However, from what you said it's still useable to establish a WiFi network to buy and sync eBooks from Amazon using a Kindle eInk device or a Kindle Fire. It looks like movies are out, however.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #50
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

as much as i hate our greedy cell phone carriers its just plain cheaper and easier to get a 2 gig dataplan and a mobile wifi router and get faster speeds lower price better latency and higher data cap.

btw im not trying to be a wet blanket im just letting you and others know so they dont have to learn the hard expensive way like i did
Old 11-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #51
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
as much as i hate our greedy cell phone carriers its just plain cheaper and easier to get a 2 gig dataplan and a mobile wifi router and get faster speeds lower price better latency and higher data cap.

btw im not trying to be a wet blanket im just letting you and others know so they dont have to learn the hard expensive way like i did
I am actually thinking of eventually getting a mobile wifi router. Any recommendations.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #52
covfam
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I am actually thinking of eventually getting a mobile wifi router. Any recommendations.

Carol
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi™ 4510L these are currently the best ones out there most other ones have same same typical antenna bt these have a much much more powerfull qualcomm antenna than most others... for example the samsung mifi hotpots for both at&T and verizon use the same antenna thats in the first generation samsung galaxy s

plus if the high powered antenna isnt strong enough you can get an expernal antenna to plug into it to boost the range.. the downside this super strong antennae comes at the price of a 5 hour battery life when used so you have to plug it in at places.

imve not used the ones on anyone elses network so perhaps somene else can tell you about the wifi hotspots on at7t and sprint
Old 11-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #53
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi™ 4510L these are currently the best ones out there most other ones have same same typical antenna bt these have a much much more powerfull qualcomm antenna than most others... for example the samsung mifi hotpots for both at&T and verizon use the same antenna thats in the first generation samsung galaxy s

plus if the high powered antenna isnt strong enough you can get an expernal antenna to plug into it to boost the range.. the downside this super strong antennae comes at the price of a 5 hour battery life when used so you have to plug it in at places.

imve not used the ones on anyone elses network so perhaps somene else can tell you about the wifi hotspots on at7t and sprint
Thanks. Do you have to sign a contract for this one? I would like to get one on a pay per month basis.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #54
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:

Not everyone has cellphone service at home, or cable access or any highspeed phone service. Sometimes the satellite is the only alternative to dialup.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #55
covfam
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Thanks. Do you have to sign a contract for this one? I would like to get one on a pay per month basis.

Carol
its $249 without contract and $49 with contract for the device ... the datapalans have no contract but cost $50 a month for 1 gig and $80 a month for 5 gigs a month with no activation or reconection fees. the data plans are cheaper for smartphones and tablets than the usb/mobile hotspot devices ($30 for 2 gigs, $50 for 5 gigs and $80 for 10 gigs a month)

Good luck! dunno if you have verizon coverage in your are but there may be a similar option available from sprint or at&t for ya!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

I agree. You wouldn't be able to download much. The caps are ridiculous.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote