Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Kindle 3 ships early!

Looks like I let the cat out of the bag with my blog post earlier this morning. At least one Kindle 3 shipped yesterday and most are being shipped today, two days early. More details and the full press release from Amazon on my blog post, HERE.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This really is not "news"; there have been reports of shipping Kindles right here on the Amazon forum all day long.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Just case for me

Just my case is being prepared for shipping with expected delivery date of Aug 31, 2010. No word on my K3 yet. I ordered on Jul 30, 2010.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
sigh, well my cover has entered the shipping process. My Kindle still sits there as a Not Yet Shipped though.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I ordered on July 31. My orders page now says:
Shipping Soon
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #6
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
I don't see how it's "early"...when I ordered mine, it said, "order today and choose 2-day shipping for release-date delivery"...stands to reason if they want it delivered by the 27th ("release day") they would have to ship on the 25th.

My card got charged, but haven't received the shipping notification yet. it just says preparing order for shipment.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #7
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... "order today and choose 2-day shipping for release-date delivery"...stands to reason if they want it delivered by the 27th ("release day") they would have to ship on the 25th.

Every person I have spoken with or written to - as well as what is written by Amazon on my own, personal order, said nothing of the sort. I was advised by Amazon of a SHIP DATE - and NOT a "delivery date."
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #8
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

I thought I took a screencap and uploaded it in a different thread, but of course photobucket is down for maintenance when I try to log in and see if I can find it. I *know* mine said order now and choose 2-day shipping to ensure "release-date delivery" ...checked it a couple times. I ordered on the 29th. it's entirely possible they changed it at some point after I ordered mine, but I was fully expecting them to ship a couple days early to meet the "release-date delivery" promise. hence my lack of surprise.

*edit...on this post at a different forum:
link

it confirms the same language.

and here

and this blog post

...I'm not just making this up...

Last edited by matt314159; 08-26-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:12 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
"estimated delivery date: August 27, 2010"

and that's to the Netherlands!

It's "In Transit" now...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
matt314159
Groupie

finally got my tracking number, it shows it shipped on the 26th and will be here on the 30th. via 2nd day shipping. 'cause UPS doesn't deliver on saturdays. All my other prime deliveries seem to come via fedex, which does deliver on saturdays.

I know it said "release date delivery" when I ordered mine, I'm kind of irritated at them over this.