Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
Newsweek? Time?

These are both dirt-cheap subscriptions at Amazon. Time got panned pretty heavily for its lack of pictures and charts. Nobody said much about the graphics of Newsweek. What do you guys think of the quality? Have you tried either? Both?
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
These are both dirt-cheap subscriptions at Amazon. Time got panned pretty heavily for its lack of pictures and charts. Nobody said much about the graphics of Newsweek. What do you guys think of the quality? Have you tried either? Both?
I don't read either, but I do get the Kindle edition of The Atlantic, which is missing all images. I've got one more print edition coming, so I'll check them against each other for content. I know that the newspapers editions are abridged, but I don't think the magazine editions are, with the exception of some images.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Newsweek has no images. I wonder if it's an AP copyright issue since I get a ton of blogs with images. Other than the lack of images, Newsweek is fine for me.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
I'm very impressed with the Kindle version of Newsweek. No images, but the articles are easy to read and well-formatted, and it's relatively easy to navigate through the issue. I think I will miss the political cartoons, and it's a shame they don't include them.
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote