Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
benong
Enthusiast
benong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-950
Serif and Sans-Serif fonts in Libprs500

I've been practicing conversion using libprs500 - created ms word .doc, convert to lit with word lit plug-in and use this lit file to generate lrf file with libprs500.

I notice that even though the lit shows serif and sans-serif fonts, the final lrf file always only contain serif fonts. (I use New Times Roman and Frutiger Linotype for serif and sans-serif respective). I tried different type of sans-serif fonts but without success.

I've also specified "Look and Feel" -> Embeded Fonts -> Sans-Serif : Frutiger Linotype in libprs500 but also without success.

Am I missing something here? How do I add san-serif fonts in lrf with libprs500?

Any help will be very much appreciated!
benong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try just specifying the fonts in the source file using generic font names, serif for sefrif and san-serif for sans serif (or use well known ones like times for serif and helvetica for sans). The use the font options in the converter to specify the fots you want
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert