Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
grrr
grrr began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Question How to automount EXT* formatted SD card on M92

M92 automount doesn't seem to be able to properly handle EXT formatted SD cards, which came as a suprise for me as it run on linux. Even / is EXT4 formatted.

Is it something which can be fixed with proper automount configuration?

Mounting SD manually is very inconvenient because it remounts the card with every USB disconnection.

Do you know which automount software is being used in M92?

Cheers

Grzegorz
grrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
To test the automount, have you tried a SD formated in FAT32 ? I use this format.

I'm almost sure that EXT4 is not supported, try EXT3 ... may be.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
grrr

Yes, FAT32 works fine. It's only EXT, I'm having problems with.

Actually EXT4 is supported by the Boox. You can manually mount EXT4 formatted SD and read them. No probs at all. It just doesn't want to automount them upon insertion. Same thing with EXT3 and EXT2 formated cards

Grzegorz
Old 09-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrr View Post
You can manually mount EXT4 formatted SD and read them. No probs at all. It just doesn't want to automount them upon insertion. Same thing with EXT3 and EXT2 formated cards
It doesn't use automount. If I get it right, it runs through udev.

The rules are in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-naboo.rules and they call the /usr/bin/naboo_sd_handler.sh script. If you really want to use a different filesystem, you can edit the last one and replace "vfat" with what you like best. I'm not sure if "auto" would work.

I suppose the unmounting is done directly inside the closed source GUI executable.
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
grrr

Thanks FDD. I edited sd handler and changed vfat to ext4 and it works. I can still manually mount FAT with script if necessary.

G
Advert