Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #91
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
It's clear that the quality is about double => 200dpi
a) It wasn't me it was LuBiB posting those pictures

b) guessing dpi doesn't seem very accurate

c) why not just calculate the dpi of the jetBook Color?

It's got a 9.7" diagonal screen. We know the screen aspect ratio is 3:4 (1200:1600) so in those numbers the diagonal length is 5 (it's a 3:4:5 right angle triangle). (9.7/5) * 4 = 7.76" screen height, which at 1600 pixels gives 1600/7.76 or ~ 206 dpi.

So your guessing was pretty accurate after all.

Andrew

Last edited by andyh2000; 02-23-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Ratio not ration
andyh2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #92
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post

b) guessing dpi doesn't seem very accurate

c) why not just calculate the dpi of the jetBook Color?

It's got a 9.7" diagonal screen. We know the screen aspect ration is 3:4 (1200:1600) so in those numbers the diagonal length is 5 (it's a 3:4:5 right angle triangle). (9.7/5) * 4 = 7.76" screen height, which at 1600 pixels gives 1600/7.76 or ~ 206 dpi.

So your guessing was pretty accurate after all.

Andrew
I would rather believe in numbers like above than in pictures
However the above calculation starts with the assumption that the resolution is 1200:1600.
I would still like to see the PDF that has color highlighting on it in a picture side by side with an A4 paper with the same image. Since I have not seen how the ereader displays such a PDF I can not entirely trust the numbers above.

In pictures M92 (which I now proudly own :-)) ) looked OK in portrait mode. Now that I have it in my hands I know that it is usable just in landscape mode for reading scientific or technical papers.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #93
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post

In pictures M92 (which I now proudly own :-)) ) looked OK in portrait mode. Now that I have it in my hands I know that it is usable just in landscape mode for reading scientific or technical papers.
I also used landscape mode for PDFs mostly.
That is why some people think it would be better to have a 12" reader.
I am not sure if I asked this before: in landscape mode only part of the original page is displayed. When I was using it, the page down button got me somewhere in the text and I had to scroll to the last line I was reading.
So continous reading was hampered, to say the least.
Does this work now?
Or how do you manage this?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #94
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Are you asking about M92?
Then you are asking in the wrong thread
Check my thread on PDF reading. To answer here ...yes it works
Let's say the "viewfinder" is in landscape mode and the document is portrait orientation
If I use zoom between two points then I would be able to read the page in two/three steps just pushing the OK (top of the screen now) or pressing the < or > at the bottom of the screen
Since this is redundant functionality I would like to see the OK button moving the viewfinder or the document one row at a time up or down (that would be step by step as opposite to advancing a viewfinder at a time)
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #95
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Are you asking about M92?
Then you are asking in the wrong thread
Check my thread on PDF reading. To answer here ...yes it works
Let's say the "viewfinder" is in landscape mode and the document is portrait orientation
If I use zoom between two points then I would be able to read the page in two/three steps just pushing the OK (top of the screen now) or pressing the < or > at the bottom of the screen
Since this is redundant functionality I would like to see the OK button moving the viewfinder or the document one row at a time up or down (that would be step by step as opposite to advancing a viewfinder at a time)
THX!!
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #96
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post

Andrew
Those pictures originally came from me; and I deliberately chosen a page with such amounts of text that on an 800x600 resolution you would not be able to read the text (like in the example of mod186k1)

I know my Sony PRS 505, and know what it can,and can not display,and just like the example above, the text will be unclear.
There's indeed no doubt that black resolution is 1600x1200 pixels.
Color and grey resolution are 800x600 pixels, white should be 800x600,but they actually also use Red,Green, and blue to increase resolution of white to 1600x1200.

So both are right.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote